RowMe

Canoes, Kayaks, Pedal power

Moderator: BruceDow

Bill Edmundson

Re: RowMe

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Somehow I doubt that Bill Clinton ran those bluelines. :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DeltaDawg

Post by DeltaDawg »

Bill Edmundson wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:54 am
Somehow I doubt that Bill Clinton ran those bluelines. :lol:

Bill
God bless you Bill always a light touch when one is needed. I am happy to report this morning that all the new clear and old amber type epoxy resin kicked last night with a a minimum of out gassing forming bubbles under the biaxial fiberglass cloth. Leland :)
IMG_0646.JPG

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Leland

Glad you took it the way it was meant. I've run many Bluelines!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DeltaDawg

Post by DeltaDawg »

I trimmed and sanded a few blisters that had formed under the biaxial fiberglass tape. I wore goggles, gloves and a face mask but am still a bit itchy after a shower. This week I will cut the drain holes bed 1 inch copper pipe in epoxy putty through the water tight compartments, that worked on my stitch and glue made back in 2000. I am going to bed the bow eye backing block in epoxy putty and get those holes bored. I have the seat tops to bed in epoxy putty, make a few cleats and I am adding some backing blocks in the stern for 2 fishing pole holders. I think I am going to flip next week, prep, fiberglass and paint the bottom.

There are a lot of little kids walking, riding bikes and scooters with their parents that stop by to watch me work. I think there are still a lot of folks that have not gone back to work. Anyway I have printed the RowMe catalog cut sheet so they can take that away and talk with their Mom and Dad about building their own boats. I set out 3 boxes of hardwood scraps, end cuts plywood scraps for the kids to take. I think a few have actually gone to the Glen-L site, I don't know if, when orders will materialize but I hope so, building a boat is a lifetime memory. I am being frank about the cost when we talk these boats are not cheap and like Ken Borges, Glen-L's narrator in the VHS Stitch and Glue VHS tape says, resin putty is not an excuse for shoddy workmanship. Leland
IMG_0651.JPG

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Not cheap but you can't buy a boat like that. You have to build it. Nice job!
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

DeltaDawg

Post by DeltaDawg »

hoodman wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:56 am
Not cheap but you can't buy a boat like that. You have to build it. Nice job!
Matt, thank you. These little neighbor boys are so into this, one stopped today with his brothers and Mom to talk with me at great length (and from across the street so we kept our distance) thanking me for the wood and telling me about the shield he built. Another boy I would say 4 or 5 stopped by filling up a Homer bucket with plywood scraps from the last of the 3 boxes I sat out. I told his Dad there was Douglas Fir plywood in there and those slivers are painful to me at least and to be careful so they don't own my boat, house and nest egg. His Dad got a chuckle they live just a next door and I hear them sanding and sawing. If I can get photos I will post them but I am a little cautious about asking parents don't like their kids photos posted and I don't blame them these days but if can get some photos of their creation I will let you enjoy. I think one of my first boats was made from a cedar shingle when I was 4. Awe.

I got the drain holes and 1" copper pipe cut today but got tired and I want to do a good job drilling the bow eye holes and final fitting of the seat tops. Here is a picture. Leland
IMG_0656.JPG

DeltaDawg

Post by DeltaDawg »

Getting close to the flip, maybe next week.
IMG_0664.JPG

DeltaDawg

Post by DeltaDawg »

Seat tops are epoxy putty filleted in place very pleased with bow eye backing block. I used @Bill Edmundson's trick of drilling bow eye holes on drill press then my laser level to align on center line and the holes came through the bow perfectly. Thank you Bill. Leland
Attachments
image.jpeg

Return to “Human Power”