KidYak

Canoes, Kayaks, Pedal power

Moderator: BruceDow

Oyster

Re: KidYak

Post by Oyster »

Yeah, We get the message you overachiever
Nah, just well trained,,,to do as I am told or get to do updates on that doghouse instead. By the way last weekend she got a bigger box of Milk Bones for me. She told me the reason for this is that they seem to never go bad either. :shock: Isn't that nice of her, already thinking about my health when shopping.
By the way, I see your lovely has allowed you to live for another year. So in return, go forth now and finish her boat! :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

:mrgreen: Happy birthday you old fart! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

billy c

Post by billy c »

Happy Birthday Chip
i see you do not age :shock:
are you 99 too? :lol:
-Billy
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

Pirate's Wench

Post by Pirate's Wench »

Happy Birthday Chip!

A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!

Wench :D
~~~Never walk in the footsteps of others, or you won’t leave any of your own.~~~

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Thanks Guys :D

Debbie,
I have my ticket in hand and I'm ready to blast off again in about an hour. 8) Warren let me borrow his AARP card so I'm flying first class this year. :wink: :lol: :lol: :P
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Grand Chillin wrote:Thanks Guys :D

Debbie,
I have my ticket in hand and I'm ready to blast off again in about an hour. 8) Warren let me borrow his AARP card so I'm flying first class this year. :wink: :lol: :lol: :P
You can borrow my AARP card all you want,but the Visa is off limits!! :wink: :lol:

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Well, someone is trying to give me one of those. Is it that time already!!!
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

PS: I look at senior discounts as frequent flier miles and use all I can!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Thanks Warren,
First class is a blast. :D

Did a mock up with the sides tonight. I even set the deck in place to see how it looked. Only the sides are wired together at the bow and stern.
Kid Yak 038.jpg
Kid Yak 033.jpg

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

too cute
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Guys,
My youngest son helped me finish knitting :lol: the KidYak sides and bottom last night. While doing so he started talking about wanting a new video camera for Christmas. He then ask me what I was going to do next. I explained how I was going to tack glue tonight, remove the wires tomorrow and do the larger fillet. He left and before I knew it was back with his small flip camera. I'm posting this video to show off his work, not my mess. I sat and watched him do his editing and I was amazed. Guess who is getting a new video camera for Christmas. :D He first used the song "Where the Boat Leaves From" by the Zac Brown Band as his audio, but due to some copyright issues :roll: he had to change his audio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPX1HU-8xlo

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Great work....both on the Yak and the video! :wink: :D

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Whew ! For a while there I thought it was just me...when I do embroidery I wonder if any other men actually have "hidden" tallents too...now to find out that Gran Chillin' actually KNITS !!! How refreshing! :lol: :wink: :wink:

Steve

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Thanks Warren

Steve,
Not only can I knit :wink: , but when my wife was pregnant with our oldest son I helped her do the needlepoint work on the blanket and pillows for his crib. :D I found it quite relaxing and rewarding. One buddy started to make a smart comment about my needlework until I informed him that I felt I was good enough with a needle to sew his mouth shut. :shock: :wink: :lol: He didn't say no more. :roll: I haven't done any embroidery work before. Do you happen to give lessions? :D

Well, the film maker joined me again tonight and as any proud Dad I can't help myself. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIu-X8j6Fwc

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

You make it look so neat and easy....I need to work on my technique!!! :roll: :?

Return to “Human Power”