Glen-L builder once again stands alone[Kidyak]

Canoes, Kayaks, Pedal power

Moderator: BruceDow

Oyster

Glen-L builder once again stands alone[Kidyak]

Post by Oyster » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:20 pm

with their quality in the mist of the big guys. Today I witnessed yet another build that blew me and hundreds more away with the quality of workmanship. Enjoy and hopefully the builder will chime in over the next day or so.

billy c

Re: Glen-L builder once again stands alone[Kidyak]

Post by billy c » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:22 pm

sweet :!:
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

red

Post by red » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:38 pm

very nice

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Love the creativity
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 pm

WOW!!! :shock: nice job!!! that puts mine to shame :oops: how did he do the coaming? he must have routed a groove in it to fit onto the sides. I sure hope he checks in. I have a million questions.
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 am

Grand Chillin wrote:WOW!!! :shock: nice job!!! that puts mine to shame :oops: how did he do the coaming? he must have routed a groove in it to fit onto the sides. I sure hope he checks in. I have a million questions.
Your boat is just fine and also a fine example of attention to detail. The best part of these boats will be that the grandkids will always remember Papa, or in this case their Papas. The coaming is one tight laminated part, flawless for sure to these eyes anyway in the five foot examination. The only thing that I saw missing was the natural "character flaws" as we call them thats headed its way from repreated use of the little folks and the in water smiles, which hopefully will follow here.

aldeforest

Post by aldeforest » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Oyster,
Thanks for taking the great pictures and very humbling commentary. It was great fun at the show and the build was very satisfying. My daughter and her husband kayak and take my grandson with them in one or the others boat. Not the best situation so, hey what a great opportunity to build a kids kayak.

I want to thank all the great boat builders for their inspiring remarks. That boat show has lit the fire and I'm getting ready to start the V-Dory. A bit bigger of course but I have support from the higher authority here and it's a go (I'm sure most of you know who that may be...). I will be blogging the progress and hope to get much needed guidance in this uncharted water from the Ol' Tars in the forum.

Again, Thanks all

Return to “Human Power”