Building cabinets for Drift Boat

Canoes, Kayaks, Pedal power

Moderator: BruceDow

Roger9

Building cabinets for Drift Boat

Postby Roger9 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Hello every one, I'm here to pick some boat building brains for an easy tip. I am building cabinets for my 16' drift boat and am wondering if there is an easy way too trace the 86" curve for the cabinet without measuring the width every two inches and drafting the width to plywood? Ive thought about trying to cut the curve on cardboard however I am concerned it will not come out perfect. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Lowka53

Re: Building cabinets for Drift Boat

Postby Lowka53 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:43 am

8) take a thin piece of plywood or stiff card board make a ruff cut close to the shape then get it so it touches the curve set and lock a protractor so it just touches at the wides gap from the curve to the pattern you are making. at this point use the protractor to scribe a line of your curve to the pattern board then cut it out and you have a pattern to go by. :wink:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Roger9

Re: Building cabinets for Drift Boat

Postby Roger9 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:44 pm

unnamed.jpg
Using cardboard I was able to eyeball and scribe the cabinet into place; I am disappointed I was unable to find a more professional way to fit these into place. Any way here is a picture of the cabinets in place. I will be starting a new thread showing my progress throughout the entire project so keep your eyes peeled.

Return to “Human Power”