Mariner SUP

Canoes, Kayaks, Pedal power

Moderator: BruceDow

garrech

Mariner SUP

Postby garrech » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Does anyone know anything about the Mariner SUP? I saw the plans for sale in the latest Glen-L Newsletter, but I don't see any kits in the online store. Has anyone built one? Personally, I don't understand the fascination with SUPs but my wife has been wanting one for some time. I thought about building her one but the sticker shock from the other kits hasn't quite worn off yet. I saw the Mariner this week and was wondering if it might be a little more economical. Anyone know anything about it? Thanks.

Dave Grason

Re: Mariner SUP

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Garrech, I've been a member of this forum long enough to know that when anyone posts any sort of query .... and THEN it goes for several days unanswered, HONESTLY, this means that no one knows. But I'm chiming in to let you know that it isn't because you are being ignored. You are NOT.

I had to google SUP to know that this meant Stand Up Paddle board. :roll:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:39 pm

These frames are very simple. You don't need a kit. You can do that in one weekend or less.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

garrech

Postby garrech » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Thanks Dave and Bill. I think I'll order the plans and take a look.

Return to “Human Power”