My fishing boat goes chicky

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Pirate's Wench

Re: My fishing boat goes chicky

Post by Pirate's Wench »

Oyster wrote: Well 7/8ths of your work is done now. And its also sitting in the water too. Arrgghhhhh! So whats keeping yaw'll from trimming it out? :lol: :P
Yep, that's actually the next project, our retirement "condo". I need to get Linda to show me how to make cushions so we'll have to plan a trip up your way. While we're at it, maybe you can prove to me that you really catch that many fish when you go out. I won't believe it until I see it for myself in person!! :D :lol: :lol:
~~~Never walk in the footsteps of others, or you won’t leave any of your own.~~~

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Some new curtains and cushions,a little polish, and she'll be as good as new!!! :wink:
Attachments
running out of excuses.jpg

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Pirate's Wench wrote:
Oyster wrote: Well 7/8ths of your work is done now. And its also sitting in the water too. Arrgghhhhh! So whats keeping yaw'll from trimming it out? :lol: :P
Yep, that's actually the next project, our retirement "condo". I need to get Linda to show me how to make cushions so we'll have to plan a trip up your way. While we're at it, maybe you can prove to me that you really catch that many fish when you go out. I won't believe it until I see it for myself in person!! :D :lol: :lol:
Thats not a problem with any of the above. As far as me showing you in person, we don't lock our doors and the beds are always made and we have also allowed pirates and ordinary sailors to slip in in the middle of the day too and sleep over. So maybe you won't be too homesick when you get here. :lol: :lol:
Thats right, you are running out of excuses, especially since approval to upgrade and update has now been witnessed by the world. :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

This was one of my projects using deck screws and popular from the big box store!! :wink:

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

well I got some sewing to do. I'll keep the light on even though there seems to be few at home here. :lol:

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Now hear this ,,,,,,
You crowd are now informed that wearing fancy paints and running around with fluffy window skirts does not distract or scare off the creates of the deep blue, much less the inhabitants of the pristine sandy bottoms of our great land. Dinner at 1830 on the poopdeck 8)
The evening fare will be grey trout and cherrystone clams, with a combination of little necks included.
Attachments
DSC08723.JPG

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

We'll bring the Piesporter or Chardonnay!! :wink:

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Looks yummy, but I'll never make it in time. Have Fun!!! :)

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

upspirate wrote:We'll bring the Piesporter or Chardonnay!! :wink:
My last encounter with Piesporter Goldtropfchen [many bottles to say the least] was at the White Lion Pub in St. Aug. Fla. That was for sure the last time I sipped on the stuff way back yonder when there was not a lot of people on Earth. I somehow made it back to the boat that evening but woke up the next morning with what I thought was a head that had been run over when crossing the road that evening. So I went back in the am to see where the blood stains were . :shock: :shock: 8) :lol:
Looks yummy, but I'll never make it in time. Have Fun!!!
Well not to worry, there are more where they came from, but we do not ship, but we do take the ship to get them. :wink: So all is not lost if you make it this way. 8)

psychobilly

Post by psychobilly »

Ya know, I been on da wader all my life and I ain't had fresh clams like that YET.

***ya know what yet stands fer don't''cha..... YOU'RE ELIGIBLE TOO!!!!!*** :lol:

MMMM MMMM MMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

I just know that you guys were waiting with baited beer breath. So without further ado,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 8) :lol:

Burp,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ah, Crabmeat Imperial, a sidebar treat from fresh picked backfin from a friend servef on a half shell, 8) more clams dipped in butter and walla, finished them off just in time for another sat trip to refresh the frig. Living off the land is both fun when doing it this way and rewarding too. 8)
DSC08726.JPG
Now where were we, I finished sewing the back panels and have now hung them.
DSC08744.JPG

billy c

Post by billy c »

Mike food and boat detail looking good!
what are these?
Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 8.52.23 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 8.52.23 PM.png (132.59 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

J Purcell

Post by J Purcell »

billy c wrote:Mike food and boat detail looking good!
what are these?
I'm guessing fancy rod holders that aren't hung up yet.

Your boat does look nice.
Jeremy

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Thanks, this is fun stuff, even though there is still lots of cosmetic work to be done, including the detailing of the window trim[which is showing paint that found its way under the lowtack tape in that shot] :shock: . Those are teak fishing rod holders awaiting to be hung foward. I actually made two sets since I hate plastic anything anywhere close to the boat unless its the last resort.

Lowka53

Post by Lowka53 »

:lol: I like the wood you used inside the cabin is that a ply wood or tongue and grove wood and is there air space behind it or is epoxied to the outer cabin bulk heads
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Return to “Miscellaneous”