Smartphone access

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Roberta

Smartphone access

Post by Roberta »

I'm trying to set up my Droid to access this Forum, but I seem to be having trouble. If I try to log in from my browser on the droid, it (the forum) immediately tells me I have exceeded my login attempts and wants me to relogin with a security code (crazy looking numbers and letters). I do this and it tells me my id and password are wrong.

So then I try to establish a new account on the droid using a new id and password, but I'm told that there already is an e-mail like mine in use (obviously mine for this login). Since my e-mail to the droid and the e-mail to my pc are the same, I get nowhere.

Anyone accessing this site using both a pc and smartphone? Please clue me in on what I might need to do. I would like to access this sight from my droid, if possible. I can bring up the forum OK, but just as a visitor with read only access. I get the e-mail message notifications on my droid, but I can't respond to them.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

upspirate

Re: Smartphone access

Post by upspirate »

I'll talk to Debbie about this....she's my resident amateur IT,and may be able to answer this as she has a droid based phone(not sure if it's the same as a "Droid phone",but it's the same operating system I think

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thank's Warren and Debbie!! It's a Motorola Droid with the Google system on Verizon.

Roberta :D

Pirate's Wench

Post by Pirate's Wench »

Hi Roberta. It's Debbie. I have Android OS on my phone (though not a "Droid"). I am running "Froyo" which is the same version you have, I believe. Anyway, I'm posting this from my phone with no login issue. You may need to clear your browser cache. I use the stock browser. If you need help, or if that doesn't work you can PM me and I will walk you through it or give you another thing to try.
~~~Never walk in the footsteps of others, or you won’t leave any of your own.~~~

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

I got it working. Thanks Debbie.

Return to “Miscellaneous”