Remote control bow spotlight

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

dsolaro

Remote control bow spotlight

Post by dsolaro »

I have come across a Sparton manual remote control bow searchlight possibly from the 60's. The seller wants $100 and I really do not have a need for it, but you all know.... Does anyone happen to know a fair value? I would add a picture, but my I-pad will not allow me. Any help on a value will be appreciated. Thank you
Dave Solaro
Monte Carlo - Mercoledi
Reno, NV

DaveLott

Re: Remote control bow spotlight

Post by DaveLott »

I have one of those that came with my Capri. They were very popular in the 50's. If it what I think it is, it operates off a cam hooked to a cable. You will need to check whether it is 6volt of 12 volt. In either case it is worth a lot more than $100. Mine is pristine condition and valued at several hundred. But value is the eye of the beholder
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

dsolaro

Post by dsolaro »

Thanks. This one is 12v in the box. It is in new condition and has what appears to be all the parts.
Dave Solaro
Monte Carlo - Mercoledi
Reno, NV

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Worth every penny of it. Mine is 6 volt and will change out the wiring and bulb to 12 volt before it gets remounted.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Return to “Miscellaneous”