Sorting gallery pictures

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

shandman

Sorting gallery pictures

Post by shandman »

Probably the wrong place to post this question...
How does one sort the order of the pictures in one's gallery by date? Mine originally appeared that way but over time they have become jumbled. Gallery 1321. Thanks!
Art Shand

John B

Re: Sorting gallery pictures

Post by John B »

Art, the Gallery program automatically sorts the photos by the "File Name" - You can change the file name for each photo by just typing in the "Alt & Title Text" box.

What I do to put the photos in order is just type in a phrase like "Glen-L Bullet as built by Art Shand - 001", "Glen-L Bullet as built by Art Shand - 002", etc. being sure to increase the trailing number by one each time. It works best to use 3 digits, as in 001, 002, etc. because if you don't the program will sort the photos in the order 1, 10, 100, 2, 20, 200, 3, etc.

Once you've renumber the photos on any page, be sure to click on the "Save Changes" button BEFORE leaving that page, otherwise you'll have to start over again.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just ask! :D
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

shandman

Re: Sorting gallery pictures

Post by shandman »

Hi John, I've appended an incrementing numeric to a few pic file names in 1321, but it seems the sort order is unchanged. Do I need to edit each and every file name before the sort increments? I must be missing something. Mind taking a peek at 1321 and see what I'm missing? Thanks!
Art Shand

Return to “Miscellaneous”