Wooden Boat Festival in Louisiana

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

NAMEngJS

Wooden Boat Festival in Louisiana

Post by NAMEngJS »

Future Barrelback builder here (have the plans, just working on the budgeting part :roll: ) just seeing if any of the local builders will be out in Madisonville next weekend. It is surely a great time to go see a bunch of wooden boats. Here is the festival home page link if anyone is interested.

https://www.woodenboatfest.org/
-Juan Suarez

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds, wake to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers by day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Bill Edmundson

Re: Wooden Boat Festival in Louisiana

Post by Bill Edmundson »

NAMEngJS

We went one year to do a booth for Glen-L. Butch and Paula Barto have been there several times. Bayou Bengal, Jeff & Melanie Cobb, Has been there many times. You might PM, Butch and Jeff to see if they are going this year.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal »

I'll be there. I've still got work to do on my boat, but hope to test it out on the Amite on Thursday. If all's good, will be on the water at Madisonville; if not, will be on the trailer at Madisonville.

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal »

Hey, were you at Madisonville today and came up while Butch Barto and I were by his boat. I really didn't think about this until after you left and then remembered this post and wondered if this were you. If so, sorry we didn't get a chance to talk with you more and hear about your build plans.

NAMEngJS

Post by NAMEngJS »

Yes that was me, its no problem, if you remember i had a 4 year old who was nore interested in jumling around the docks, and the admiral on shore who was reminding me that it was chow time :lol:
20161008_104910.jpg
20161008_105037.jpg
20161008_105121.jpg
-Juan Suarez

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds, wake to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers by day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

NAMEngJS

Post by NAMEngJS »

A few more photos from the festival...
20161008_104859.jpg
20161008_133429.jpg
And one of my first mate...
20161008_100926.jpg
-Juan Suarez

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason »

It looks like your "first mate" is getting an early start in boat building. Her first effort looks GREAT!

I think that, when it comes to healthy extra-secular activities, boat building could serve our children well in many ways that go beyond the obvious.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Return to “Miscellaneous”