Post by hoodman »

Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Dave Grason

Re: A real salty sailor!

Post by Dave Grason »

Yeah, his transcript says: "It was fun!"

I don't know about anyone else but THAT is NOT my idea of fun!! I can only imagine how he didn't know if was having fun or not until the storm finally abated and HOLY COW, he made it! So now that he's alive, yes, it was "FUN!"

I'm completely certain that, if he had NOT made it, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. :lol:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

We had a guy at our place in Gulf Shores ride out Ivan and Katrina on his sailboat. He was tied off to three different buildings. He had his security cat with him.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Post by kens »

First of all, Matthew was NOT a hurricane.
It was a tropical storm.
I watched the data, and the Haiti data was barely a cat1 hurricane.
the west end Bahamas never reported hurricane force winds.
The weather weenies had to have a aircraft @ 10,000' altitude to report all their so-called hurricane data.
We are not at 10,000' altitude, we are at sea-level, remember that.
Yaaa, it was a tropical storm, and a wide one at that.
HOWEVER, it was NOT a CAT 3 hurricane as the weather weenies told you as they stood in front of their green screens and broadcast.
We did not die. We did not see total devastation. We did not get wiped off the map.
Yaaa, if that guy realized the winds will come from the north, and he had good barrier from North, and there was no other loose boats around him, then yeah, he could well do that. easily.
Why?? Because it aint a HURRICANE, that's why. Nothing more than a rainy blow.
I also survived Matthew. I had cold drink. I had no power. I had a warm refrigerator. I had good food.
I cooked the food as fast as it thawed from the freezer. Eat the fish/seafood first. (it spoils fastest)
Chicken is next in line. Then the pork items, finally beef.
by this time the power is back on, and all is well……………….
The weather weenies are selling global warming, don't forget that Global Warming caused that guy to lose his sleep that night……………….
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal »

I'm another guy tired of the weather people's exaggerations.

I might would elaborate, but no way could I say it any better or more factually than Ken.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

A friend of mine and his crews from Alabama Power went to help after "Super Storm" Sandy. He said that other than surge damage alone the coast that it was not even a good Tropical Storm by our standards.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Miscellaneous”