Prayer Request for vupilot

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Gayle Brantuk

Prayer Request for vupilot

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:03 am

This Forum is more than just a message board or place to get questions asked and answered. This is a community and when one member hurts, we all feel it in one way or another.

I have Chris aka vupilot's permission to post a request he has that he posted on Facebook November 12, 2016. Let's join as a community and support him in any way we can--we love you Chris!:
Friends and family, I am going to ask for your prayers. I have been diagnosed with Germ Cell Testicular Cancer, stage III. I have a large mass in my abdomen, another in my clavicle and two lesions in my liver. I had surgery yesterday and I will start 4 cycles, 12 wks of chemotherapy on Monday. I would love to hear from those of you that have also been touched by cancer with any advice you wish to pass along. And remind me of your story because I find them uplifting. I have some of the best doctors I could ask for, in fact I am being transferred to the care of Dr. Einhorn at Simon Cancer Center on Monday, the same Doctor that treated Lance Armstrong. We have a long road ahead of us to get me healthy again and then to get my medical certificate back so I can return to flying. I ask simply that you please pray for our family. Also, if you don't feel right, go to the doctor and if they don't find anything at first, ask for more tests, be pushy. Many cancers have no obvious or tell-tale signs and vague symptoms that are not found early without a CT scan or Ultrasound. #cancersucks

Bill Edmundson

Re: Prayer Request for vupilot

Post by Bill Edmundson » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:45 am

Thank you Gayle.

I've known about this for a week or so. Several of us were unsure where the limits of privacy were. We thought that Chris would be OK with posting here. But, we thought maybe this is someplace he could come and get away for a while.

Please, keep Chris, Heather, Carson, and families in your heart as they go through this difficult time.

Our best, Chris!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:48 am

We also are friends on Facebook and heard about Chris. He and his family are in our prayers.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Praying for you, Chris. I'm no pilot, but I have been sitting back seat of helicopters for 14 years taking care of patients while the pilot wiggles the sticks, so you are a brother. Keep the greasy side down, and I will keep you in my prayers.

rbrandenstein

Post by rbrandenstein » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:00 pm

You and your family are in our prayers. Hang tough.
As I said on Facebook, your hashtag is so true, but you can beat this.

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:27 am

I feel exactly the same as everyone else here. I'm pulling for you, Chris.

I know this sounds redundant and possibly insincere becuase people always say this at times like these but I know that, in my heart, I need to say it anyway. Please, if there is ANYTHING that we can do to help, please ask. I really do mean this. (I would offer to come fly for you but that would only make things worse. LOL)

And I ALSO am glad you brought this to our attention, Gayle. This is because I took my Facebook page down and did not get the message. I would not have heard about this were it not for this community.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:13 am

Get well soon, Chris. Our prayers are with you.

I don't know what what my Squirt would look like if not for you. The world needs you vupilot. :D

Steve S

cansersucks
Squirt build

JimmY

Post by JimmY » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:21 am

Chris,

From a newbie, you are in my prayers for successful surgery and recovery. My Dad was diagnosed with blood cancer a several years back, and it is amazing what the doctors can do these days. It was not an easy road back, but with the love and support of family and friends he had the strength to keep fighting and celebrated his 89 birthday earlier this year. I looks like you have a good support group, and that will make all the difference.

All the best,
-Jim
Nothing says poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape!

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:21 am

I meant to ask this in my previous post to this thread. Is there any idea as to how far the cancer has spread?

Also, while I'm on the subject, I will pose this to anyone that knows, including YOU Chris if you are keeping up with the forum:

What hospital?
Which room?
Are you at home now?

It would be good to have these vitals. I know that when I had my heart attack, the word didn't really get out and very few people stopped by for a visit. It was lonely and a little sad even. When someone DID stop by, I was thrilled even though I looked terrible! LOL

The reason I say this is because Indy is not so far a drive for me and I for one, would be very willing to drop in for a visit - representing all the Gathering folks, of course. I know it sounds sappy but I really have come to feel that the Glen-L folks here on this forum have become family and especially those I get face time with at the Gs.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Mark Chadwick

Post by Mark Chadwick » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:46 am

Hi Chris

We met at a couple of the Gatherings but we have missed attending for a few years.

So sorry to hear your news. Please know you and your family are in our prayers!

Mark C

#cancersucks
Last edited by Mark Chadwick on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chugalug

Post by chugalug » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:20 am

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:37 am

Haven't seen any updates on Chris. Prayers are flowing out to them all.

Roberta

DSR

Post by DSR » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi Chris,

I'm pretty new here on the forum and I hope I'm not being too forward, but I would like to extend my prayers to you and your family also.

Deepest regards,
Dave
DSR Performance - Home of yet another jet TNT build :D
Codename "Just A Little....."
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29753

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:42 pm

All prayers are most welcome. Thank you!!!

Roberta :D

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:09 pm

DSR wrote:Hi Chris,

I'm pretty new here on the forum and I hope I'm not being too forward, but I would like to extend my prayers to you and your family also.
Yes, I'm with Roberta. There is absolutely NOTHING forward about wishing one of members success. Honestly, this is the closest and best internet family anywhere I've ever seen.

Return to “Miscellaneous”