Update

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Andy Garrett

Update

Postby Andy Garrett » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello my friends,

It's been a while. As some of you may recall, my wife and I were planning to relocate to Idaho from Kansas. It's been two months since we made the trip. Wow! What a colossal undertaking!

I had posted some stuff about changing the axel on the Zip trailer in order to double tow (needed brakes). That whole set-up worked great, but we wound up selling the camper which allowed that. In any case, the boat pulled behind my truck flawlessly for 1350 miles in 100*+ temps through the mountains. I had concerns because of going from a positive camber axel to a negative camber, but I actually like it better--easier to back up too.

Just got my Idaho Registration numbers and ordered the decals. I hope to get it on the crystal clear Idaho water soon!

At least half of the boats up here are aluminum jet boats for running the rivers and canyons. Perhaps a jet drive for my old Merc would be interesting..., though I don't think the 1/4" plywood bottom would tolerate a great deal of shallow water abrasion. :wink:
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

vupilot

Re: Update

Postby vupilot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:35 am

Glad the move went well Andy.

Return to “Miscellaneous”