Limited supply of classic boat hardware

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Gayle Brantuk

Limited supply of classic boat hardware

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I just added 3 new items to our site--a 14" "Ultra Streamlined" bow handle, a cleat and a transom vent. I was going through my dad's stuff here at the office and found the oldest Glenwood catalog I've seen. Glenwood Marine is a manufacturer of boat hardware and my dad and Elbert started the company together, but before it really got going, my dad left to start Glen-L. The casting patterns for their first products were made by my father and at some point, they were destroyed for accounting purposes--it doesn't make sense to me. There were patterns for a really cool set of windshield brackets that my dad made for his Ski King and it breaks my heart that they are gone forever. I digress.

Anyway, the catalog I found has the Glenwood parts at the beginning and Glen-L plans at the back. There are some really cool parts shown such as the ones noted above, so I emailed the pages to Vicky over at Glenwood to find out if those patterns still existed. The patterns don't, but she found some brand new parts in some boxes. So, that's the story--very limited supply, but I wanted to let our Forum members know first before I send out an email to our 35k+ subscribers. Here's the link--they are the top 3 parts--those bow handles are super cool:
http://www.boatdesigns.com/Classic-Boat-Hardware/products/19/

hoodman

Re: Limited supply of classic boat hardware

Postby hoodman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Those bow handles are awesome! Too bad about the patterns. Is it now worth it to try to duplicate them from the finished parts?

Gayle Brantuk

Re: Limited supply of classic boat hardware

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 am

Not sure, hoodman. There would have to be a lot of demand for them to do that.

Return to “Miscellaneous”