International Maritime Museum - Hamburg Trip

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

NAMEngJS

International Maritime Museum - Hamburg Trip

Post by NAMEngJS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:58 am

So I am in Hamburg doing some work and over the weekend I went to the International Maritime Museum. 7 floors of Nautical history. I highly recommend. I have added a few of the pictures I took over the weekend

Cant miss the entrance! The huge prop was a give away.

Showing the different methods used to build boats.

A book of lines plans

Of course they have boat models. I like this one because it shows the launching ramp as well.

Voith-Schnieder Propeller system. These are quite interesting from a hydrodynamic - thrusting standpoint.

An old model from the research model tank I am doing my work with here these last 2 weeks.

some old hand tools. They had quite the collection

Like I said they have quite the collection. I might post a few more photos when I get some more time.
-Juan Suarez

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds, wake to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers by day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Roberta

Re: International Maritime Museum - Hamburg Trip

Post by Roberta » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 am

Your pictures don't appear on my computer. Try using the Glen L hosting method by clicking on the "attachments" tab below then "add files" tab. That will take you to your storage on what ever device you are using to post with. Very easy and the pictures won't go away if your hosting method goes away.

Roberta
Attachments
20170624_122721.jpg
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Return to “Miscellaneous”