Facebook

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Roberta

Facebook

Post by Roberta »

Hello to all my Glen L Friends,

I have dropped out of Facebook and won't be participating in any postings any longer. New rules regarding censorship and not caring to support them in any form prompts me to disassociate myself from Facebook.

I will continue to be available on the Glen L Forum and happy to help out in any way I can.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Hercdrvr

Re: Facebook

Post by Hercdrvr »

Sounds like a good idea, I might follow your lead. I’m happiest when the phone is in the house and I am in the shop making saw dust.
Matt Biehunko

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal »

I dropped out in March. My mind and life has been much less stressful since doing so.

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

I think it became more of a habit and way too much BS. It's sad it became so political. I will miss the friendships, but I will find better ways to keep in touch. This forum, for sure.

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal »

I'm with you Roberta. I miss wishing people "Happy Birthday", connecting with old high school friends, finding out who just had a baby or grandchild, or sadly, who passed away. Additionally, I was a member of many Facebook Groups specifically sharing event pictures and info about clubs and organizations in which I had an interest. Unfortunately, all these things are outweighed by the BS.

I've not done this but have considered starting a new facebook page using a an alias with a different email that I don't use. I wouldn't have any friends, wouldn't post, and thus, hopefully wouldn't see all the propaganda, but this would give me access to some of group pages (Glen-L group, local sailing club, neighborhood organization, etc.) along with Facebook marketplace.

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

I thought about doing an alias in a few months after they completely shut me off. If you do, let me know how it works out.

TAB

Post by TAB »

I got rid of mine about 10 years ago. I dont miss it one bit

FL-John

Post by FL-John »

I saw in the news this morning that you can transfer all of your photos and videos to Google photos, dropbox or koofr (no idea what this is). Old pictures that I've lost was my main reason (excuse) for keeping facebook. Now all I have is my morbid curiosity for how messed up the world is.

If you want to get your photos and videos go to "Settings"->"Transfer a Copy of Your Photos or Videos", chose a destination, enter a lot of passwords that you've probably forgotten and you are all set!

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

All my pictures are on either my phone or my computer. Leaving Facebook has resulted in no loss, but gaining back all the time I wasted on it. I can still share everything with those I care to and not with those I don't.

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

As of this morning, I out too. This forum is way better than FB.
Matt B

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

It's toxic. And while I'm not deleting my account, I long ago turned off all notifications. I very much appreciate all you folks on the forum and the friendships we have formed here and at the gatherings over the years.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

I don't blame ya'll for dumping it. Like many, we joined it as a way to keep grandparents, moms, dads, sisters, brothers, in-laws, etc that are scattered all over the country current on our families happenings. Its so easy to share a picture or video on the spot. On the other hand because of it I probably talk to each of those distant family members on the phone a lot less often too.

Will miss all of your posts there but Ill look for your boating pics on the forum.

Return to “Miscellaneous”