Christmas List

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

leakcheck

Christmas List

Post by leakcheck » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:42 am

Hey, you guys have about 40 days till Christmas...get your list together and get it to your wife...or at least get it posted on the refrigerator and see if she gets the hint !...and if you have never celebrated Christmas what a great time to start..even if it is just for the "secular self minded boat building gimme some more toys" reason !!!

Steve

Nova SS

Post by Nova SS » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:49 am

Yep, I want to get some more plans so Christmas is as good a time and any PLUS I have to rebuild my tool set, as its still in GA...damn women..GGGrrrrrrrrr :evil: . SO I have a pretty extensive wish list this year. (hopefully I've been a really good boy this year...ya right eh?)

GregH

Post by GregH » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:23 am

And you can customize those plans to suit what you want/need for your tools too!
I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Nova SS

Post by Nova SS » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:28 am

absolutely, to me it seems like the best way to go. This way I can have separate boxes for my mechanical, woodworking, air, upholstery, etc, etc. In the past trying to get everything in one box was impossible but with the cost of steel tool boxes being fairly high it would be little too costly for me to have 3 or 4 of them around..

GregH

Post by GregH » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:39 am

I could never figure out .. and still don't have a clue why those rolling metal tool cabinets are so expensive!
I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Caber-Feidh

Post by Caber-Feidh » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:51 am

GregH wrote:I could never figure out .. and still don't have a clue why those rolling metal tool cabinets are so expensive!

One word... Shipping.

The DA works at a major mail order tool place that I am sure many of you have heard of... no not that junk-shop, but the good one... She says they get that same question a few times a week. The boxes aren't heavy, but take up allot of volume.

PapaDon

Post by PapaDon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:12 pm

BACK TO THE SUBJECT....my 11 year old grandson went fishing a couple weeks ago and asked me...."Papa, what do you want for Christmas"?. I thought about it awhile then said "OH! I know. I know. I want one of those BIG, solid chocolate Easter Bunnies in a box. The look on his face was precious....he said ...."I don't think I can get you one of those"....DRAT!!!!
If God had intended for us to have fibreglass boats, we would have fibreglass trees.

Nova SS

Post by Nova SS » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:26 am

Well a set of plans for the Rampage, the Tornado, and the Boat Calender were just ordered for me. The Rampage plans will be new to me as I have not seen them yet, the Tornado plans are a replacement for the set I had to leave in Ga when I left, and the boat calender is just plan cool. I think it should be inspirational.

Sadly I've been informed I CANNOT look at or drool on the plans or the Calender until Christmas day as they are my presents. :shock:

Christmas will be here before I know it right??? :)

The worst part about using PayPal is that sometimes they do the transfer within a day or so and sometimes it seems to take them weeks to do the transfer and untill they do that the order is in limbo. Oh well its still a pretty cool process.

Bill E

Post by Bill E » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:03 pm

Ordered my Christmas present last night - Malahini plans, the plywood boatbuilding book, and, of course, the calendar! Ditto for me on the "do not open before..." directive.

-wte
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:39 am

Malahini ----- ALLRIGHT!

So this means you're most likely not coming empty handed to next year's Gathering. I personally am going to be thrilled to see this boat come together. I've never gotten to see one yet.

Please keep us all aprised on the progress on THIS build.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill E

Post by Bill E » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:11 am

Well, we'll have to see about the next Gathering! Just because I'm buying a set of plans doesn't mean that I'll be jumping immediately into a build on Dec 26. (Just ask Leakcheck! :shock: ) As with probably most of us on this forum, I have a list of things I've agreed to get done first around the house, but there's nothing like a bit of motivation to finally get them done, is there?

The biggest other thing I had agreed to do is to sell the sailboat in order to provide the "mad money" (and the parking space) to build the Malahini. Unfortunately, there are two major things going against me on that right now. First, winter is NOT the time to sell a boat, and second, living in an area experiencing historic drought levels doesn't help either. Selling out of state might help...

Anyway, I'm hoping for springtime at this point, but that'll give me plenty of time to study the plans and read the book, right?

-wte

PS - anybody wanna buy a good Catalina 22? :|

PPS - Most people didn't get to see it, but I did NOT come empty-handed to Guntersville this year... in addition to the C22, I brought my OSS! More here

PPPS - Once there's anything to see, you're welcome to bring Miss Connie down for a visit!

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:05 pm

I am gonna pick Hector up, grab the keg and head over to Bills to watch him work !1 Oh, this is gonna be good !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve

Nova SS

Post by Nova SS » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:10 pm

novass wrote:Well a set of plans for the Rampage, the Tornado, and the Boat Calender were just ordered for me. The Rampage plans will be new to me as I have not seen them yet, the Tornado plans are a replacement for the set I had to leave in Ga when I left, and the boat calender is just plan cool. I think it should be inspirational.

Sadly I've been informed I CANNOT look at or drool on the plans or the Calender until Christmas day as they are my presents. :shock:

Christmas will be here before I know it right??? :)

The worst part about using PayPal is that sometimes they do the transfer within a day or so and sometimes it seems to take them weeks to do the transfer and untill they do that the order is in limbo. Oh well its still a pretty cool process.
Well the plans and calendar arrived today. A quality product as always. I was suprised to see that I didnt get an inboard hardware catalogue this time like I did the last time I sent for the Tornado plans. Possibly the last time they tossed it in cause I also ordered the books on Inboard Motor Installation, Boatbuilding with Plywood, and How to Fiberglass Boats.

I'll have to replace them one of these days as the books are in the same place as my orginal Tornado plans are and to be honest I have no idea where that might be. Who can figure out the minds of some women :wink:

Bill E

Post by Bill E » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Well, I just updated my signature, and I see that the message board displays the new version even on old messages. This says it all:

"Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrives Jan 4...)"

Let's roll!!!!!!

-wte

Bill E

Post by Bill E » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:17 pm

novass wrote:Who can figure out the minds of some women :wink:
PS -- who can figure out the minds of ANY women?!?

Return to “Miscellaneous”