If you don't build it now, You will regret it later! Already regreting it

Crackerbox Build
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/jtpatronimfg/

Checkmate Restoration
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 ... 0Starflite

John K

Post by John K » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:47 am

Happy New Year to all.

Still thinking about building another kayak for my winter project. This one will have a skin cover.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:57 am

Happy New year ! ! !

Still thinking about building....

Steve

John K

Post by John K » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:22 am

Like most boat builders, once you have the itch, you just keep scratching it.

gregggrundon

Happy new year

Post by gregggrundon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:37 pm

As the first to arrive in 2008; Welcome to it.
It looks good so far.

Hauoli makahiki hou! :D

Gregg
Jolly Roger 30'(Extended)
Marshall Islands, R. M. I.

Caber-Feidh

Post by Caber-Feidh » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:49 pm

leakcheck wrote:Happy New year ! ! !

Still thinking about building....

Steve
Quit thinking, start gluing!!!!!

the hardest part of any project is the first 30 minutes. After that you are in too deep to back out, and you GOTTA finish it. (A plumber should know that though)

BruceDow

Post by BruceDow » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:24 pm

Happy 2008 to all!
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Caber-Feidh, I wonder if he GLUED himself to his chair, oh, I think I hear a voice in the distance. HELP, I'M STUCK, AND CAN'T GET UP. Maybe we need to pitch in and buy him LIFE LINE to wear around his neck. :wink: I wonder if he has a trained dog to fetch them dar beers? :P

Dale in Indy

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Hey !! I aactually do have a trained dog ..gotta work on the beer thing though.

One of the first things I taught my dog to do was the obvious: Fetch the morning paper. I would walk her out, pick up the paper, put it in her mouth and run back to the house, open the door, she would run in, I would get a dog treat for her...this only took like twice before she had it down.

Then I would open the door, yell: Ali, get the paper. Whisp...away she would go drop the paper at my feet and wait for her treat.

Well, she comes and goes, even though we have a leash law, when she scratches at the door we let her out,, she never goes too far.

One day i did my paper thing, then she wanted to go back out after her treat..yup you guessed it,.,,here she comes with another paper.. I give her a treat just to see what happens next...yup out again, damn if it isnt another paper.

I actually had to cancel my paper subscription and keep her in the house for a week or so before I would let her out alone.

I was not aware she would noodle that one out, and I don't know how to untrain the stupid dog !! She haasnt dont it since...and I no longer get the paper !!

Steve

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh, my trainded dog does MORE. He's a hunting dog, and when out in my boat and I shoot a duck my dog just, WALKS ON TOP THE WATER, picks it up and brings it back. One day a friend was with me and SAW such and after a few more ducks my friend said, HEY, YOUR DOG CAN'T SWIM. :wink:

Dale in Indy

J Patroni

Post by J Patroni » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:45 pm

I tried to copy and paste this article that was just emailed to me but I will have to type it in since it would not copy.
It is a hell of a way to start a new year. I laughed sooo hard my sides hurt. You guy's may appreciate it.

Titled: This was a very bad day! :(

The way my friend told it, this guy pushed his motorcycle from the patio into his living room, where he began to clean the engine with some rags and a bowl of gasoline. When he finished, he sat on the motorcycle and decided to start it to make sure everything was still OK. Unfortunatly, the bike started in gear, and crashed through the glass door with him still clinging to the handlebars.
His wife had been working in the kitchen. She came running at the noise and found him crumpled on the patio, badly cut from the shards of broken glass. She called 911 and the paramedics transported the guy to the emergency room.
So far this story is humerous - in a "That is what you get for being a big enough fool to bring your motorcycle into the house" kind of way.

But, here is where I really split a gut. :lol:

Later that afternoon, after many stitches had pulled her husband back together, the wife brought him home and put him to bed. :( She cleaned up the mess in the living room and dumped the bowl of gasoline in the toilet.

Shortly thereafter, her husband woke up and lit a cigarette, and went into the bathroom. He sat down and tossed the cigarette into the toilet which promptly expolded because the wife had not flushed the gasoline away.
The explosion blew the man through the bathroom door.

The wife heard the explosion and her husbands screams. :o She ran into the hall and found him lying on the floor with his trousers blown away and burns on his ass. :oops: The wife ran to the phone and called for an ambulance.
The same 2 paramadice were dispatched to the scene. They loaded the husband on the stretcher and began carrying him to the street. One of them asked the wife how the injury had occurred. When she told them, they began laughing so hard that they dropped the stretcher and broke the guys collarbone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk about instant karma.
I sure hope thhis was not the first day of the new year!!!!!!!!!1

Jim
If you don't build it now, You will regret it later! Already regreting it

Crackerbox Build
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/jtpatronimfg/

Checkmate Restoration
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 ... 0Starflite

gregggrundon

trained dogs

Post by gregggrundon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:27 am

My parents dog was very smart; smarter then them, anyway.
He(the dog) loved to go to the beach for a swim, not safe with a highway in between the house and the beach. so, they put up a fence with a u shaped latch, well the smart dog opens the latch. so move the latch higher, nope, the dog climbs the chain link fence and opens the latch. I went to visit my parents, I arrived just as they returned from the marketing, I drove up as they arrived they didn't notice me but my pop got out of their car and popped the trunk. He then proceeded to climb the wall and fence on top, Then my mom got out and started handing the groceries over the fence to pop.They had tied the gate shut to keep the smart dog in.
The task completed she was half way over the fence when she spotted me sitting in my car cracking up with laughter. They both said some very bad words to me.
I replied the dog seemed to have them both trained very well.
Then I was in real trouble; I had brought the dog in the first place.

Gregg
Jolly Roger 30'(Extended)
Marshall Islands, R. M. I.

Return to “Miscellaneous”