I was "THIS" close

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Gary McCusker

Post by Gary McCusker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:23 am

What do you need a hotel for I have my camper. Sounds like no one wants to go drinking w/ "Uncle Billy and me".I'm gonna get a hold of Keith,surely Keith will want to go drinking and sailing w/ "Uncle Billy and me". HOT-DOG McCusker Can't remember the name of the raven

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 am

C'mon the Ravens name was Jimmy...everyone knows that ...that is what I got confused...Jimmy Stewart or Jimmy the raven....

Steve

:wink: :wink:

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm ready Gary, I just brewed up a batch of beer yesterday, and I'll be brewing another 3 batches in the very near future. I'm gonna start kegging my beer instead of bottling. Bottling sucks! I've got a huge commercial 3 keg kegerator that I'm trying to fill. I can get at least12 of my homebrew kegs in there and I've got 5 faucets to hook 'em up to. I'm also working on a way to put a keg onboard and have a tap piped to the cockpit. Everyone will know where the party boat is.

I can almost see alcoholism in my future

Keith

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Are you going to Keg them under pressure with Nitrogen ??? What is the "shelf" life of the beer (not that it will hang around all that long anyway)

Steve

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Just for the record: He probably is from a long line of bootleggers...has a still in his bathroom no doubt !

Steve

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey a pirate has to have to have his grog!! :twisted: :wink:

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:03 pm

I'll use CO2 to pressurize it and carbonate it in the kegs. No more waiting 2 or 3 weeks for natural carbonation. You use nitrogen for Guiness, I'd have to buy a new tank, lines and to do it right an $80 faucet. There's plenty of other beers I can drink without all that added expense. With CO2 the beer will be good till its gone. Some homebrews, mostly stouts, need to wait 6 months before they are ready to drink. I'm drinking one now that was bottled in October and it's better than ever. They get better with age but it's hard to keep em around that long. The one I'm drinking now only lasted this long because I didn't like it much when it was new, now it's not bad at all.
I brewed a porter yesterday, and I've got a Full Sail Ale clone that I'll do next, then a Hoegarrden clone and another wheat beer that I'll do something with. Beer is good.

PS I had to take the still out of the bathroom...my brew had a strange skunky smell to it, I don't know how it got there

Keith

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:15 pm

yeah i have the co2 tanks too..but i just use it to preserve my store bought Michelob Amber bock !

Steve

Caber-Feidh

Post by Caber-Feidh » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:25 pm

leakcheck wrote:yeah i have the co2 tanks too..but i just use it to preserve my store bought Michelob Amber bock !

Steve
Preserve it? from what? Not like that training beer can get any worse than it already is! For that matter if it got skunky at least it would have SOME flavour. :lol:

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 pm

As a girl I once dated said... "I put a 6 pack in the refrigerator. It damn near got cold!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:23 pm

I gotta get you brewing Steve. I may have my homebrew store guy up at our event in June to give a brewing class. I gotta tell you, there's nothing like getting drunk on beer you brewed yourself. Plus there's no hangover the next day. Let me get a couple batches kegged and come on over for some real beer.

Keith

Return to “Miscellaneous”