Brother's in trouble.

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Smith Brother

Brother's in trouble.

Post by Smith Brother » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:01 am

I have been very busy, started a handyman business, ONE MAN HANDYMAN, so to speak. Word of mouth has spread, and I have been going at it. Love it to death, each day is different. Working on high end homes in the area. HAVEN'T looked in on the site in several, but see that you are TRYING to keep leakcheck in CHECK. Hard isn't it, but fun, and FUN IS GOOD.

OK, two weeks ago my brother had a heart attack, he is 65. It was NOT a serious one, but brought to his and our attention the fact that he has a very serious problem. He needs a heart transplant, SOON. Two of his children are doctors, another is a RN, so he has them working with his doctors. We just don't know.

Two days ago my other brother fell down a flight of 16 stairs, landed on his face, has many cuts, bleeding on the brain, swelling of the brain, four broken ribs, possible neck problems, lungs not being inflated enough due to him not being able to breath heavy enough because of pain with ribs, and concerns of sugar problems. He is 67. He is not awake, and hasn't been for 24 hours. They may have to feed him thru tubes if he doesn't wake up today and take on some food. They think he just tripped, but there is the possiblity that he had a stroke. Test on his brain yesterday are not back yet, so we just don't know.

Needless to say we need any prayers that you all can give. I live in Indy, he lives in Rockwall, TX, but is in Neuro care in Dallas, via helicopter. Since all his family is with him I have decided to wait a day or so before I fly down. We just don't know how this is going to play out.

Thanks for reading this, and THANKS for your thoughts and prayers. I am so thankful that I have been telling them for years that I love them. I was even blessed in that I was able to get them a couple months ago to patch up some differences, and such is such a relief to me. Life is short, we need to tell those we love that we DO LOVE THEM, for sure.

Dale in Indy

J Patroni

Post by J Patroni » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:53 pm

Dale

I would like to extend to you and your family sincere wishes for a safe and speedy recovery for both of your brothers.
If you don't build it now, You will regret it later! Already regreting it

Crackerbox Build
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/jtpatronimfg/

Checkmate Restoration
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 ... 0Starflite

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Dale,

I will be praying for you and the entire family !!! Hate to see people going through these things, the circle of life starts to get "real" as it is !

Take care of yourself as well in the mean time !!!

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Dale,

Just know that we're here.

Damn, if this doesn't become family sometimes.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Caber-Feidh

Post by Caber-Feidh » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Prayers for the best.

Gustavus

Gary McCusker

Post by Gary McCusker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Sith (Peace be w/ you) McCusker

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Hope everything works out well

Lewis Barrett

Post by Lewis Barrett » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:02 am

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Keep us posted.

David

gregggrundon

God Bless

Post by gregggrundon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:00 pm

Brother,

God bless to you and yours, our prayers are with you and your family.

Gregg Grundon and Family
Jolly Roger 30'(Extended)
Marshall Islands, R. M. I.

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:34 pm

We just returned from many days at Glen's side in Dallas. Glen is the one that tripped and fell down 16 stairs head first. At one time he had 12 bottles hanging at his side. He was just transferred from the Critical wing to Serious, so slow improvement is happening. He has a good chance of pulling thru this now.

My other brother Larry today received a call from his doctor advising that two doctors from Japan are coming to do this tricky procedure, NOT A HEART TRANSPLANT, in hopes of solving the problem. He goes to Kansas City on the 28th. of March for pre-testing, and will be operated on the 31st. His son a doctor in Knoxville is getting this all arranged and it looks like many prayers have be answered.

Thank You all so much.

Dale

P.S. When I arrive back home I found a package from Charlie's family. It seems that they found some 50's boat and motor ads along with a perfect 1975 Glen-L catalog that Charlie had kept. The cat. has approx. 127 pages, and he had carefully cut out a order form so he must have ordered something. Needless to say I am the proud owner. Maybe sometime I can list what I have and see if anyone has interest in copies of such.

Return to “Miscellaneous”