GO PATRIOTS :!:
-Billy :D
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:06 pm

I'm With YA BILLY ! ! ! ! !....

Steve

NEW ENGLAND PLUMBING !!!!!!!! (Pulled into a guys house the other day to do a service call, showed him how to fix his toilet himself. He asked how much, I told him nothing. He said I must owe you something. Just as he said that I looked up and over a doorway to his den was a buffalo bills banner. I said ...yeah how bout 500 bucks. 500 BUCKS ?? I said yeah..you're a freaking BIlls fan...don't you see my truck ? You remember calling me? You know where I'm from ??? Then he drags (like physically like !!) me into the den and shoves a picture with these five rings on it. One was a GA tech championship ring and four AFC championship rings...turns out he was an offensive lineman for the Buffalo bills the four years they went to the Super Bowl...John Davis...nice guy too...thank God cuz he could have kicked my butt !! He must still weigh in at around 400 lbs !!

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:10 pm

UNBE_FREAKING_LIEVABLE !!

Congrats Giants !!

Steve

billy c

Post by billy c » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm

OUCH :!: :!: :!:

...time for another sport.... spring training starts Feb 13

congrats NY

-Billy

Brian Eager

Post by Brian Eager » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Another year, another Manning MVP award.

Being a Colts fan made it a little tough to root for the NFC, but I managed.

A true team effort. Super defense and a winning drive when you needed it. That defines champions.

This may be just the push that the DSRL needs to make the big time. (lick, lick, lick)
Noah was a first-time boatbuilder

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:48 am

And when you throw in at least two missed ops for INT's for the PATS, and sloppy tackling..not being able to take Manning down during that scramble when they had him ..and then that miraculous catch...like we have never seen...that is what the game is all about...

I still say NY is not the better team, but they certainly were last night !

Ah, the RED SOX will be back soon to take away the pain !!

Steve

(And how bout them Celts !!)

Okay, I gotta go drive around today and dole out money all day !..AWhat a pleasure !

Denon Osterman

Post by Denon Osterman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:33 pm

so sitting 16th row by the giants end zone(go connections!!!), i have to chime in and say WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT. the first 45 mins, in my opinion, were NOT SB QUALITY FOOTBALL!

yeah i was going for the patriots....but after manning somehow managed to avoid beeing sacked, and even complete a good pass...they kinda deserved to win. brady was NOT on his a-game...i think hes injured :?

GREAT last quarter though, very exciting.

Denon

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:57 pm

Last QTR was awesome. I give Manning credit for avoiding the sack, I give him credit for throwing back across the field ..but he had absolutely nothing to do with throwing a "perfect pass"...that was an unfreakingbelieable reception like we have not seen in quite some time..he threw it up for grabs and they came down with it...

Well, so it goes...you certainly couldn't beat it for excitement !!

Remember the Pats only beat them by 3 points last time, and they were trouncing people most of the season.

Can't believe you got to go to that game. Energy level must be intense !!
(The hot pants those cheerleaders had on were none to shabby either! :roll: )

SZteve

kens

Post by kens » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:47 pm

You guys are totally missing the point........I am not a fan one way or the other; but check this out in post seasonplay.
Giants BEAT Dallas in Dallas, BEAT Green Bay in Green Bay, beat Tampa Bay in Tampa Bay.
Pats beat SanDiego in Foxboro, big freeking deal. Regular season Pats allowed the bottom dwelling team (Miami) to score 28. Pats looked vulnerable against Philly & Baltimore too. (they should have dominated those 2 games and shutout Miami)
If you think Giants aint the better team, you should look at how they got there.
And that Manning kid, yes he is still a kid, but the new kid on the block just beat the NFL's Greatest Quarterback (Favre) at Favre's home. Then turned around and beat Brady.
And you still think that game was a fluke?

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:19 pm

I never said it was a FLUKE !! What I said was: for that game NY was the better team. I believe the Pats are a better team as a whole:

Regular season stats: Total offense rank 1 (NY 16)
Passing Offense rank 1 (NY 21)
Rushing Offense rank 13 (NY 4)

Total Defense Rank 4 (NY 7)
Passing Defense Rank 6 (NY 11)
Rushing Defense Rank 8 (NY 10)

That was for 16 games

For the PLAYOFFS they also won every offensive stat over the Giants, HOWEVER,...the Giants beat them in every defensive category !!!! And that was the problem for THAT game !!

I take no credit away from the Giants for what they did THAT GAME...but you cannot dis-credit what the Pats did for 18 games either ! (It is not as if they had a "gimme" schedule like the dolphins either...The dolphins never played a winning team (I believe)...(A team with a higher percentage of wins)

Steve

Now, that CATCH...that was a FLUKE !! That entire play was a "fluke"..it was not designed...he somehow managed to get away from the grasp, and everything else happned...it was probably one of the best plays you will ever see in a superbowl game !...Especially considering the game situation...if he was not desperate that would never have happened obviously. That was a "Farvish moment".

(Not that he is not a talented receiver...but I bet he couldnt do that again, all conditions being equal...Yeah, yeah I know..if all conditions were equal he would catch it...but you know what I mean !! )

The entire game rest squarely on the NE Pats offensive line...they lost the game Period ! It should never have been that close !

billy c

Post by billy c » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:06 pm

seems like the Pats were out coached also. a little miffed at the new apparel for Bill. did he loose his favorite gray hoodie?

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 pm

I think that grey hoodie was the reason they lost. What was he thinking not wearing that. I don't remember seeing him without it all season

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

kens

Post by kens » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:00 am

After the Giants 1st drive, he was worried about a lot more than his favorite hoodie!!

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:44 am

You won't believe it but that is the FIRST thing I noticed...I said where the hell is the grey hoodie ????? :lol: ..But I am not superstitious so I let it go...

Kens it right...even I was worried after that first 9 minute drive..and I had seen most of the other games Ely had thrown in and he just kept getting better and more confident, this will be the best thing for him and those NY fans, maybe they will get off his case now !

Steve ..

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:41 am

You guys are all missing th REAL point!!!

Here you are watching a stupid football game when you are supposed to be building boats!!!

At least I was out driving truck delivering Glen-l plans & pkgs to all the good litlle boys!!! :wink: :lol: :twisted:

Return to “Miscellaneous”