Biography ?

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Bill Edmundson

Biography ?

Post by Bill Edmundson »

:roll: Anybody interested in a string on how everybody got to where they are in life in boat building? :?:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Wait: Where does that leave me ???

Steve

Does anyone use one of those floozie things in the shower ??? My wife says it helps make more suds and I should use them.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Wait: Where does that leave me ???

Steve
OUT :!:

Bill :lol:

Sorry :( , we'll listen to even you. :( I think, we may need a life. :cry:
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Cec

Post by Cec »

Sure, who goes first? I love a good story.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

kens

Post by kens »

That could take awhile. I can recall some things back to 1964. that would be a brain rattling experience.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I can recall some things back to 1964.
Yep! That was what I meant. There is a lot that got us here.

I built 2' Battleships out of scrap wood at my grandfathers when I was about 5.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Post by kens »

I grew up on the bank of Ohio River. Our neighbor built steel Yachts.

kens

Post by kens »

kens wrote:That could take awhile. I can recall some things back to 1964. that would be a brain rattling experience.
I can remember the Ohio River flood of 1964. Going around the house in a jon boat; the furniture was all stacked up on the tables.

Cec

Post by Cec »

I've always liked building things. One day, way back, I was at a friend's house and saw an old Mechanix Illustrated (or something just like it) and it had a picture of a boat on it. The caption claimed I could build it. Something just switched on in my head and over the years I've kept that little light burning in me no matter what. Once I built a wood and glass canoe but that didn't seem to take care of the urge.

Seems that life keeps me just this side of doing it, but so far after all of these years, the passion to do it has never left me.
Last edited by Cec on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Maybe we should leave this thread to people under 50...that way it doesnt get too windy...which...by the way...would probably limit the posts to Gayle and me ..now those are two stories you guys would LOVE to hear !!!

Steve :roll:

(I might have to change the names to protect the "innocent")

Drew

Post by Drew »

When I was growing up my family rented a cottage every year and the cottage across the lake had a 'sea-flea'. I always loved boats but I thought the sea-flea was the coolest thing in the world. Knowing that I was only up at this cottage for 2 weeks per year my dad and I never got around to building one. Now that i've grown up a bit and found a lovely lady with a cottage, I figured it was time. The Squirt isn't really considered a sea-flea but Im not 50lbs anymore so the Squirt fits me a little better

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Drew,

You are so far ahead of the rest of us. You found the lady WITH the cottage. What a freaking brilliant move. I found a lady...I may never get the cottage now !!

Note to self: Next time you shop for a woman, start on the lakes !

Steve :wink:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

leakcheck wrote:Drew,

You are so far ahead of the rest of us. You found the lady WITH the cottage. What a freaking brilliant move. I found a lady...I may never get the cottage now !!

Note to self: Next time you shop for a woman, start on the lakes !

Steve :wink:
That's almost as good as finding the proverbial woman with a marina & a bar!!! :wink: :shock: :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Mt grandparents lived on a lake & I always had a toy boat in my hand in all my early pictures.
My grandpa encouraged me to build a boat & house as he had done.

My dad & cousin said they would build me a small boat(hydro or some kind of flea) & I always looked at them for sale.(but they never did).

I must have decided that when I get old enough,I would get all the boats I wanted cause that's what I've been doing!!!!(don't know how to sell)!!!!

I got a job building fiberglass boats & decided to build a TNT instead of buying one of theirs.

Built my second TNT as a compromise dinghy for my sailboat.

Got re-enthused when I visited Tunahelper & saw his two boats he built!
:D :roll:

kens

Post by kens »

Leakcheck wrote:

"Maybe we should leave this thread to people under 50...that way it doesnt get too windy"

If you built your boat, then it is those without that are 'windy'..................

Return to “Miscellaneous”