INSURANCE QUESTION

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Falcon

INSURANCE QUESTION

Post by Falcon »

Where do you guys get ins. from? An how much do you get?
Falcon
Be who you are, say what you want those that mind don't matter an those that matter wont mind.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/falcon6667/

DeltaDawg

Post by DeltaDawg »

Post withdrawn I didn't want to leave my insurance information online.
Last edited by DeltaDawg on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 »

I got a decent quote from BOATUS. I haven't bought it though but I hear they are a good company to purchase it from.

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

I've got two trailerable boats through State Farm & my in water sailboat through Progressive

kens

Post by kens »

upspirate wrote:I've got two trailerable boats through State Farm & my in water sailboat through Progressive
Are they homebuilts or manufactured?

DonBing

Post by DonBing »

I'm going through Progressive also (wife is an employee). Don't have enough info to endorse them to anyone else yet but I'll try to remember and post the details. I'm still in process of obtaing HIN then I'm sure I'll need a survey.

Don

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

kens wrote:
upspirate wrote:I've got two trailerable boats through State Farm & my in water sailboat through Progressive
Are they homebuilts or manufactured?
All 3 are factory...State Farm wouldn't insure the sailboat cause it's in the water,they also won't insure one if it's kept in a high & dry marina either....hurricane zone stuff here in Fla

BulldogBoater

Post by BulldogBoater »

I've got a homebuilt 15 ft fishing boat insured through State Farm. It is trailered and rarely left in the water more than 2-3 days at a time. I don't recall them even asking about that.

They did require a marine survey for the boat before insuring it but did agree to insure it for the survey amount. The rates were very reasonable.

KB
"I'm not trying to get it perfect. I'm trying to get it finished!"
Strip Planked Skiff, Jet Squirt, 2 Tubby Tugs, Console Skiff, Modified Kingfisher (Last One #6)

Jones

Post by Jones »

Hagerty Marine... ask for Kelly McCann, she's a senior underwriter.

Absolutely the best insurance company I've dealt with on the custom and/or classic boat scenario and they regularly visit this website to view builds. (other companies told me "no way... your BoJest is a KIT boat) I have never had a claim with them... hope I never do... but from the "upfront" part of buying insurance they were great.
Avoid Haste.

Return to “Miscellaneous”