Missing persons

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Roberta

Re: Missing persons

Postby Roberta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:36 am

I PM'd Dave Grason a few days ago. No response and the PM is still in my outbox. I also checked Facebook. Did a search and got strange results yesterday. Today I found a Dave Grason that is not the Dave we know. Hope he is OK. He and I were working on some songs to do at G10. Very Strange!!!!

Roberta :? :? :? :?
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:19 am

Dave G logged in last Sunday morning.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:17 am

It appears he last posted in April. Hope he's OK.

Roberta :( :?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:19 pm

Does anyone know anything about John Amundsen? They canceled out of the Gathering and hasn't been in the forum since 8/31.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Well, we know Dave Grason is OK. Last I heard of John was he and Deweesh were bringing breakfast sausage. Very strange!!!

Roberta :?:

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Im sure John Amundson is fine. Probably just too many things going on to get away. He and his son run their own flight school and aircraft repair shop. Its kept him from making the trip at the last minute before.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Chris

You are probably right. I just don't know. Thanks for the reply. Sorry that I didn't get to talk with you more at G-10!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:38 pm

I called John's flight school today. They said he's fine and will be back in on Monday.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 am

I've been reading through this thread and it felt really good to see some of these posts. Mostly from Paul Kane - REALLY good to see you alive and on the mend, Paul. I know that you've missed a few Gatherings and weren't there this year for G10. But I have to tell you that YOU are one of the aspects of the Gatherings that I have always looked forward to the most. I ALWAYS like visiting with you, looking at or riding in your boat and just hanging out with you. You ALWAYS, ALWAYS. A;WAYS, have some technical knowledge or boat building insight that others have not thought of yet and are always willing to share. You really are my kind of people. I think maybe country boys from Tennessee and Canucks from Ontario just blend well together. :lol:

To be completely honest though, I miss the entire Canadian crew. I've always felt that you folks from up north always committed enough energy and resources to get down here and support this event that the least that the rest of us could do would be to support it as well. Now that you, Paul, have been sick and Bruce Dow has moved, I sort of feel like a page has turned for the Gathering and I wish it wouldn't.

I really feel the same way about Bob Maskel because he puts a LOT of effort into getting all the way down here. It was great to see him and to meet his GF this year. But I felt a stab of pain when I found out they had to rush home. ...especially under such sad circumstances. (His GF's sister suddenly passed.) Bob, if you read this, please convey my feelings of loss to your GF. I hope she can come back next year. My prayers are with you all.

I'll tell you who else I miss - Bruce Dow's father. I have always had a good visit with him and yet, for the life of me right now, I can't remember his name. :oops: I'm embarrassed.

I myself missed the year before last but it was because I was working in Kansas and Oklahoma over the summer and actually had started the fall semester at the University of Kansas. Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk! Things didn't work out with the job and so, I couldn't afford the out-of-state tuitions and had to come home. Fortunately, the problems were not of my making and I left the job on very good terms. The folks I was working for had a very unexpected situation come up that cost them literally tens of thousand of dollars unrelated to me. But they had to cut back and I understand.

It's ok because I just picked back up where i left off here at Austin Peay. And those folks at the company I was working for have written me some very beautiful letters of recommendation.

I also read where some of the posts were asking where I had been. I often do this. My enthusiasm peaks and wanes and given all the responsibilities - the things on my plate, my activity on the forum follows suit.

So, a few posts back, Roberta posted that she had been communicating with me on Facebook but that I appeared to have disappeared. I know that several folks here know the reason for that but for those others who do not, I will explain:

Most of you folks who are close to me, know that I have been pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Foreign Languages for the past several years. I graduated this summer and now, I've decided to go on for a Master of Arts degree in Education. The end goal is to become licensed and find work as either a High school/Middle school Spanish teacher OR as an elementary English Language Learners teacher. ...Or both! Once I get the teaching license, I'll be going through a lot of job interviews and those decision makers/gate keepers will be doing extensive background checks. Often times, a job interview will be blown just by having a Facebook account or some other social media account. Once a teacher is hired, if he/she has an FB account, the first thing that happens is that all that teacher's students begin to send "friends" requests. This is not good because the teacher needs to keep those kids at arm's length. There is far too much potential for trouble and so, I just took my FB account down rather than run any risks that might come back to haunt me later. I kept accidentally reactivating it every time I clicked on one link or the other and so, I sent FB a request to delete it completely. It took a little while but they got it done.

What this means is that I have no accounts open with my own name EXCEPT this one on Glen-L. I've gone back through a ton of my own posts to see if there is anything that might cause any sort of red flag for some school system and I think it's all safe. Therefore, I'm not closing it.

Also, just to let anyone who cares know, I had made arrangements to sell my Zip project to John K but that has now changed back to the original plan. He was very understanding and I'm happy for that. I really, really, really need to finish this boat because I've put so much work into it and I'm so close to finishing it. It would be a shame to let it go at this point. There is a measurable amount of marital revenge to be had by my finishing that boat whereas, if I DIDN'T finish it, a lot of people would say: "Yup, I knew he would never get it done. Yeah, that David Grason is just that sort of loser." Read my signature line and you'll understand. Therefore, I realized that it is time to truly experience the old adage: "Success is the best revenge."

I've lost all of my build photos in the divorce and the ensuing turmoil as well as the build photos for my trailer. But, at least the Zip will be with me at the next Gathering. This I promise!! While I very much appreciate all my Gathering friends, I'm really tired of riding in other people's boats. I just have to have my own and be giving rides of my own. I am so dedicated that I've decided to sell my Harley just to get the funds to put into the boat. Now THAT is dedication when a man gives up his Harley!

So anywho...That's what happening in this neck of the woods. :wink:
Last edited by Dave Grason on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:24 am

Bill Edmundson wrote:I called John's flight school today. They said he's fine and will be back in on Monday.

Bill

Call him back and remind him that he owes all of us breakfast sausage at G11. :lol:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

jamundsen

Postby jamundsen » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 am

LOL
Sorry guys
I got married and totally changed my life. Millie and I are planning G11 with two boats. And yes we will bring the breakfast sausage.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

Return to “Miscellaneous”