Omer Staple Gun

What kind, options, etc.

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

crankie

Omer Staple Gun

Postby crankie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:40 am

Bought the Omer staple gun for securing the 3/16" mahogany to hull and very disappointed considering the gun is $200 from Glen-L. I would say the miss fire rate is about 60% with multiple jams, double hits. I have inspected, cleaned, used the supplied air lube and still the problems exist. Anyone else have any tips to make function better?

Roberta

Re: Omer Staple Gun

Postby Roberta » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:10 am

Try adjusting the air pressure up or down. Sometimes low or high pressure causes the staples to not be properly driven. Also, make sure you use a lot of pressure to hold the stapler to the wood and make sure that the joint is tight. Ideally, the legs of the staple should pierce the wood and hold the pieces together without imbedding the staple top into the wood.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

crankie

Postby crankie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:12 am

Thanks Roberta, I will try the pressure adjustments. Currently if making good straight pressure staples the crowns are below the surface and very difficult to sand off to just leave the legs. Will the crown look O.K. after staining or should the be completely sanded off? Also they do not have the holding power conpaired to T11 staples of the same length when curves are involved.
By the way your Torepedo turned out fantactic, congragulation.
Regards
Chris

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:58 am

I set my stapler to leave to crown above the surface and scraped them off with a chisel.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Return to “Fasteners”