Hyrdrodipping

Painting options, interior and exterior.

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

psychobilly

Hyrdrodipping

Postby psychobilly » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:03 pm

If you remember we talked about Hyrdrodipping a while back on a steering column and I think it was Roberta's be she felt she had enough wood working and boy I can agree, the Torpedo is BEAUTIFUL!

I thought I would post this for yawl to see the possibilities of this stuff. I have a '14 F250 Super Cab Lariat. Now it's a really rare truck as its a Super Cab Short box 147" WB. They make loads of Crew Cabs but very few Super Cabs. So few, there were only 5 in the U.S. When I bought mine. I had to fly to Pheonix to buy it and drive it home.

Ok, point is, I wanted the nice wood grain that you get in the Platinum but, you guessed it, Ford don't make a Platinum or King Ranch in a Super Cab. (The door pieces have 4 window switches and mine only has 2)

So to get the nice look that I wanted my only option was to hydrodip and I'm glad I did. It came in at half of what all the Platinum pieces would have cost if they would have had it for my truck.

You decide but I love it. This print is called, Black Burl Wood. If you wanna see a kewl video you can go to Houston hydro dip dot com and they have an awesome video.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

chugalug

Re: Hyrdrodipping

Postby chugalug » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:42 am

:D Watched video. I've seen something like that before.Maybe could dip my Bo-jest and make it look like Bill's Tahoe or even Roberta's boat :lol: Or even the mahogany wood pattern -would solve the bubble problems.looked up hydrodipping and found do-it yourself kits.interesting.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Yeah, I spend a few hours at their show while they were removing the parts from my truck. They did a few Yeti cups and they turned out really nice. I have a few parts on my "plastic boat" that I'm gunna have dipped in a dark Teak this fall. Gunna have all the vinyl redone so I am gunna dress up some plastic parts.

My Truck stuff is all done so as soon as I get home in August I will take my truck up yonder and have it all installed. Then up to Branson for a week. Woooo hoooo! I'm looking forward to all of it.

Man, dip a whole boat, lol that would be sum'n but it would never look as good as their boats. They're both beautiful.

Andy Garrett

Postby Andy Garrett » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:46 pm

I wonder if I could dip myself into an image of Brad Pitt. :oops:
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

Return to “Painting”