PUG

About powering boats with electricity

Moderator: BruceDow

upspirate

Re: PUG

Postby upspirate » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:37 am

See....start tappin' around the Gran Pubah and you get caught!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:47 pm

We temporarily installed the forward sections of the bulwark to see how it is going to look. :D We haven't cut out the aft sections due some questions I have about their callouts. the plans say to join the sections with butt blocks, but I'm going to try and scarf them. :wink:
Pug 083.jpg

Pug 084.jpg

In the mean time I have been practicing my varnishing on the cabin clamps and beam lamination.
Pug 085.jpg
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 am

Looking good....is that about 3 coats?

If it is,it's almost like I know what I'm talkin' about!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 pm

The bulwark is installed. :D We had a few areas that wouldn't line up right and no matter what we did nothing worked, then I remembered a youtube video by Redbarnboats where he used bolts and washers to help with alignment. It works like a charm.
Pug 098.jpg

After sanding I will post pictures.
Now I have a question. The plans for the inboard has the skeg ending at station #2 and I'm planning on having the well at station #1. So do I need to extend the skeg further aft? Also, would it be better to cut the well out now or after fiberglassing the hull?
Pug 099.jpg

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Wires and bolts removed and all cleaned up. Still need to tweak the leading edge.
Pug 100.jpg

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Coming right along....looks great!

annesboat

Postby annesboat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 am

Grand Chillin,
I am having a problem with my plans for the pug and was hopping you could help. I the Plans for the sides, I am very confused about the drawing for the Aft side.
On the layout the base line is 16 inches down but on the dimensional layout it appears upside down. How do I get these measurements correct? Also, how long is the #9 arch supposed to be?
Thanks for any information you can send my way.
Annesboat

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:33 am

You are coming right along on the boat, and becoming the ace for the forum with the Tape and glue method.

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:41 pm

annesboat wrote:Grand Chillin,
I am having a problem with my plans for the pug and was hopping you could help. I the Plans for the sides, I am very confused about the drawing for the Aft side.
On the layout the base line is 16 inches down but on the dimensional layout it appears upside down. How do I get these measurements correct? Also, how long is the #9 arch supposed to be?
Thanks for any information you can send my way.
Annesboat

Annesboat,
The layout is correct. Look at the layout, when you rotate the aft side over, it lines up with the forward side at the butt block.
As far as # 9 for the stern. I cut holes in my pattern sheet and laid it down using the last two nails as guides. I hope this helps.
Chip
Pug 102.jpg

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Did we have a discussion yet on how you are going to delivery your fleet to the G6 this year?
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:46 pm

I think you were speaking of cutting a well?? You talking fer an outboard? If so what about that set up with the brigs and straton homemade dealy where the shaft and rudder all move up together, more for a skiff that would be running in shaller wader but it may be sum'n you could incorporate here. I think HotRod posted pics of that set up somewhere here....

It's comming along great man!

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:11 pm

DaveLott wrote:Did we have a discussion yet on how you are going to delivery your fleet to the G6 this year?

Not yet. Are you volunteering your help. :shock: :wink: :P
If not I figured multiple tow vehicles or one big trailer. :roll:

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:17 pm

She is flipped and the screw holes are filled. :D Final sanding tomorrow. I still don't know if I need to build the well before I glass or not. :? I'm thinking I need to do the well first, that way I can fill in any screw holes before the glass :?:
Pug 104.jpg

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Personally I always build my wells, framing them in place and glass the entire unit and panels when I glass the bottom. This allows me to paint any and all cosmetic materials in one step. One thing to consider is how thick do you plan on doing the well transom? I take it that maybe 3/4" tops is probably all that you need. But you should also do some neat mitreing at the inside edges if the well is free standing. Most people also use small cleats at the corners but with biaxall and fillets your need for any wooden cleats are done away with.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Grand Chillin wrote:
DaveLott wrote:Did we have a discussion yet on how you are going to delivery your fleet to the G6 this year?

Not yet. Are you volunteering your help. :shock: :wink: :P
If not I figured multiple tow vehicles or one big trailer. :roll:

I recall that you have a big trailer
:roll:
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Return to “Electric Power”