Goliath Tug

A forum for contacting other builders of Ken Hankinson designs. These designs are now a part of the Glen-L family.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

slug

Goliath Tug

Post by slug »

Just admiring the picture of Tom Hammerstein's Goliath in the August Wooden Boat. What a beautiful job!
Now, does anyone know how to make the rope/whiskers/fender :? at the bow? I know there's a name for it (like everything else nautical ) but don't know what it's called. :?
Doug

Bill Edmundson

Re: Goliath Tug

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

slug

Post by slug »

Thanks Bill; Just what I was looking for.
Doug

Lowka53

Post by Lowka53 »

:roll: I haven't done any of that since early 70's while I was in the navy. making fenders is time comesuming for sure maybe if the fish isn't biting
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

electric tug

Post by electric tug »

slug wrote:Just admiring the picture of Tom Hammerstein's Goliath in the August Wooden Boat. What a beautiful job!
Now, does anyone know how to make the rope/whiskers/fender :? at the bow? I know there's a name for it (like everything else nautical ) but don't know what it's called. :?
Doug
its called a pudding..not sure why...

Return to “Hankinson designs”