Belle Isle Strut angle

A forum for contacting other builders of Ken Hankinson designs. These designs are now a part of the Glen-L family.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

Two J's

Belle Isle Strut angle

Post by Two J's »

billy c
I have been admiring your "belle isle" for some time and can only hope mine turns out half as nice. I have finished the first layer of cold molding and want to plan on drilling the prop shaft hole when the bottom is finished. The plan is for a Mercruiser 350 MPI but I can't bite that bullet yet. I think you have a similar engine and I thought you might share the strut angle and shaft length with me. The hull is so low to the floor that my chubby butt has a hard time getting under it to set up an engine mockup. I would like to use a 13" prop and I figure I would use the rudder setup that was suggested with the plans. I spoke with Gayle this morning but we were not sure as to the strut to use. I appreciate any advice you might offer. Thanks
Jim

billy c

Re: Belle Isle Strut angle

Post by billy c »

hi Jim-
thanks for the kudos on my Belle. :D
yes the engine is a big chunk of $$ but is so sweet in the boat. nice to have reliable power too. is pretty much plug and play.
on the strut and prop shaft...
here are the parts i used:
MS22 150: Buck Algonquin® Marine Hardware -- Underwater Hardware -- Main Struts
SHAFT A-19: Aqualoy Stainless Propeller Shaft A_19 - 78 1/2" x 1" - Single Taper
...had the shaft cut to final length after the driveline and engine were in place.
-Billy
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

Two J's

Re: Belle Isle Strut angle

Post by Two J's »

Thanks for the help billy. This thing really looks like a boat and who knows it might even float.
Jim

Return to “Hankinson designs”