Tahoe 23 Georgia build

A forum for contacting other builders of Ken Hankinson designs. These designs are now a part of the Glen-L family.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

Brad Tucker

Re: Tahoe 23 Georgia build

Post by Brad Tucker »

Twin 18 gallon tanks installed for a thirsty, Holley equipped PCM 351.
Attachments
Gas tanks in.
Gas tanks in.

alycat

Post by alycat »

Wow!! Just found your facebook page, Awesome!
Will Manwaring
Shreveport, LA

Barrelback 19' stretched to 20'

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 3171d9bb06

FFguy08

Post by FFguy08 »

I've enjoyed your pictures and following your progress!

I have a question regarding your exhaust?... Why did you elect to go out the sides of the stern and not the transom? Is that due to a conflict with the swim deck? Cosmetic preference? Space? Or something I'm not thinking of? Structurally what had to be done to ensure the integrity of the hull? I love it and I'm just curious of the factors around that choice?! Thanks, Shane 8)
Shane 8)
Greenwood, Indiana

He who has the most toys, wins!
ZL1 = CharliZe
Tahoe 23 = OverKill (under construction), Blog www.facebook.com/projectOverKillTahoe23

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

Hi, Shane!

I did It to both avoid any conflict with the swim deck, and because I liked the idea. Structurally, I don't think it is an issue: They come out just forward of a frame, and 1 batten was cut. The design waterline is 1" below the pinstripe. The tips are 4", so I had to get reducers to match the exhaust hose from the engine.

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

Getting close.
Attachments
1202161457a.jpg
1202161457.jpg
1202161459.jpg

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

I'm down to trailer, upholstery, and some smaller items like hatch handles, radio, etc! Exciting times!
Attachments
1202161516.jpg

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Brad

My wife likes the radio/stereo. I don't need the radio. I'm good with the hum of the engine at speed. It sounds like a hive of bees.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

Me too, Bill! I am looking at putting a media player. We can never get good radio on the lake anyway.

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason »

Brad, do you suppose we will all get to see this boat in person at an upcoming Gathering?
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

FFguy08

Post by FFguy08 »

Well, I was planning a swim platform for my Tahoe as well... I really like the side discharge exhaust so you may see another Tahoe with that someday (reminds me of stock car racing!)! :D Were the tips custom or off the shelf, if you don't mind? I'm really looking forward to hearing what that sounds like on the water from in the boat and from another boat or the shore!?! It may have a decent bark since the exhaust won't be muffled by the platform... Although, being on opposite sides instead of right next to each other may quiet it down some?... Looking forward to hearing it!!

Shane.
Shane 8)
Greenwood, Indiana

He who has the most toys, wins!
ZL1 = CharliZe
Tahoe 23 = OverKill (under construction), Blog www.facebook.com/projectOverKillTahoe23

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Butch Barto runs side exhaust also.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

Dave, I hope I will have it finished in time for the gathering! I saw pics of Butch's boat and really liked his side tips. Mine are made by Imco Marine and were off the shelf. She sounds awesome sitting in the shop! Corsa also makes similar (but fancier) ones. The hardest part of installing them was getting up enough nerve to saw the hole. :shock: If you like, I can take a look and see where I got them. I do have 2 videos on my FB page of it running which may give a small idea of the sound. There are no mufflers.

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

I went to my upholsterer today and picked up samples. I'd like to do it myself, but experience has taught me that a man has to know his limitations! I'm thinking about going with 2 colors: a rich tan for the seats and upper trim, complimented with an earthy navy color for the lower section. I think the navy will compliment the flooring, the deep tan will compliment the deck and bring it all together.

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason »

Brad Tucker wrote: I'm thinking about going with 2 colors: a rich tan for the seats and upper trim, complimented with an earthy navy color for the lower section..
Oooooooh, that DOES sound cool! :wink:

I like that combination and was thinking about something very similar for my Zip. The topsides on my boat will be painted blue. So I was actually thinking just the opposite as you with the my blue for the seats and trim and the tan color for the lower section.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

I was thinking of that as an option, too! My thinking on this boat is that the dark navy down low would make the flooring pop, and the tan(brown) would compliment the black gunwhales and would match the earthy navy. I'm just thinking out loud. Of course, the wife has the final say, and she isn't home yet... :lol:

Return to “Hankinson designs”