Time to come out of the closet, True Grit

A forum for contacting other builders of Ken Hankinson designs. These designs are now a part of the Glen-L family.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

curtgard

Re: Time to come out of the closet, True Grit

Postby curtgard » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:32 am

I had the boat out for an overnight cruise last week and it performed perfect. Since the building process is over except for a few interior additions and modifications, I will start a new thread in Misc. titled "Travels and Adventures of Curt's Dream, a True Grit Design". Follow me on that thread as my wife and I enjoy the good life aboard "Curt's Dream". Thank You everyone for your kind words about the boat.

Curt
IMG_0493.JPG
Running at about 3500 rpm
IMG_0499.JPG
WOT making about 18 mph

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:23 pm

I just finished reading the bulk of this thread. Your build is outstanding, to say the least! As it relates to getting a trailer made from the major trailer outlets, well I have just been going thru this myself. I talked to nine different outlets, mailed each a drawing and I think I have begged one to take on the project. It stinks for sure for anyone with a cabin hull or a one off.
And the story that your wife had not seen the boat until it was done, well that blows my mind. She is a patient person and a keeper for sure. And your proposed trips in your boat that you built is something that few if any Loopers can say either. Enjoy and keep on posting your ventures. They are great for others in the planning stages too.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:05 am

Curt

One hell a closet! But, I'll bet Lauren could fill it!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Hankinson designs”