Plans update

A forum for contacting other builders of Ken Hankinson designs. These designs are now a part of the Glen-L family.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

lalldrin

Plans update

Post by lalldrin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:02 am

I hope I don't get myself in trouble with Ken on this post but here is a bit of an update on Hankinson designs.

I'm a repeat plans purchaser/former professional boat builder. I called his old phone number a few weeks ago, got the address that was listed on the message and mailed him a letter with my request and contact info. He called me back and said he was retiring and getting ready to leave today (4/15) on an extended vacation. He mentioned that he was low on blue print paper and did not anticipate buying more to keep printing plans and, if I remember correctly, he said something about returning a leased blue printer (or maybe that was another designer I spoke with). He also mentioned that he had considered or is considering some offers on selling his business.

I honestly don't believe Ken has any intentions to keep selling plans, even through request by mail but my reason for this post is that I hate to see Ken's plans disappear. Perhaps, if some of you wrote him regarding your interest in his plans he may consider (more strongly anyway) selling his business. All I know is that he has the most modern, up to date plans of anyone. When I look at the "dated" material that Glen L and Clark Craft offer and then compare to Hankinsons, there is no comparison!!!! He has some great designs and I'd like to think they'll be available for my next project.

Cheers,

Lance
Chico CA
formerly - Ark Works

69 Jag

Tahoe patterns

Post by 69 Jag » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:22 pm

I too had hoped to build a Tahoe 23 soon. I have a set of plans and was planning to purchase the patterns for the project this summer. I guess I will have to hunt elsewhere.

I wish he would consider letting someone else run his web site and plans business and send him a commission check once a month.

I volunteer!

Chris

Return to “Hankinson designs”