Hankinson Trailer Plans

A forum for contacting other builders of Ken Hankinson designs. These designs are now a part of the Glen-L family.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

69 Jag

Hankinson Trailer Plans

Post by 69 Jag »

I am planning to start work soon on a boat that requires the 2900/3800 series trailer. I planned to buy trailer plans and build the trailer after the full was finished and ready to turn.

Anyone have trailer plans available?
Chris Rogers

Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight »

You mean like the Glen-L trailer plans?
Graham in Shepperton, England

Good, Quick, Cheap, pick any two.

69 Jag

Post by 69 Jag »

I intended to ask if trailer plans are specific enough that I would see a benefit in using Hankinson designed trailer on a Hankinson designed boat.
Chris Rogers

Graham Knight

Post by Graham Knight »

I'd have thought it's just a case of picking the correct size trailer then arranging beds and rollers to suit your boat, in which case the Glen-L designs should be as good as any?
The trailer plans are cheap too, and unlike the Hankinson designs are easily available.
Actually if you look around you'll find quite a few free trailer designs on the Net which may be suitable.
Graham in Shepperton, England

Good, Quick, Cheap, pick any two.

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason »

I've bought 2 different sets of trailer plans from Glen-L. They're not the ones needed for your boat however, both plans share the same commonality. They are very easily adaptable to any boat in the specified size range. So there's no need to go on a quest for Hankinson trailer plans when I can virtually guarrantee that Glen-L has what you need. Any boat that is trailerable will fit on a Glen-L trailer.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

DavidMcA

Post by DavidMcA »

At the very least, you should buy their "how to build boat trailers" book. I bought it and was able to make my own trailer from ideas and designs in the book. Any trailer is going to need a certain amount of customisation to suit your particular boat anyway.
You can see my trailer by following the link in my signature. its made of 2 inch square box section, welded using an arc welder (stick welder). I used rubber torsion axles instead of springs and got the whole thing hot-dip galvanised. The boat rests on 4 longitudinal bunks which were laminated to suit the shape of the hull bottom. If I was doing it again, I'd use channel iron....that way, you can just paint both sides...no need to galvanise.
David McAdam
Squirt Gallery - Its BACK!!
http://one.xthost.info/boatbuilder/boat/
BOAT IS NOW SOLD

Return to “Hankinson designs”