New guy building modified cascade

To allow builders of Glen-L RV's to communicate and discuss their projects

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

vettepilot

Re: New guy building modified cascade

Postby vettepilot » Sat May 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Looks like a great place to sleep in when camping ... :D
The Bitterness of Poor Quality, Remains Long After The Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten...Thanks Dad R.I.P.

Giaka

Postby Giaka » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 am

dan8089 wrote:Any updates?

Well life got in the way there for a bit but I am back at it. :D I have run a bunch of wiring, built and installed the ceiling panels and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. I plan to have the roof framed in this weekend and then I move on to foaming the outside and installing the outer skin. I think I am going to just go with plywood on the outside and a good semi gloss outdoor paint. Going with filon or something similar would look better but the cost is just not justified in my opinion.

I replaced a 1x2 rafter with a 2x2 and I am using this braced to hold up the plywood panel while the glue dries.

Giaka

Postby Giaka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:55 am

Found some 1/4 exterior sanded plywood and started skinning the outside. Woot! :D

angel_3a

Postby angel_3a » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Wow! Your project really looks great! My husband and I are wanting to do the same thing, do you have anymore pictures of the completed project?

AusDevil

Postby AusDevil » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:59 pm

I would also love to see an update , really enjoyed your build images so far.
I've ordered the Everglade plans which are on their way now, in the meantime I check out builds like yours for any tips I can gather.
In an earlier post you mentioned using painted plywood for the exterior I'm curious how that worked out, I'm toying with the idea of using Dibond (sheet of plastic sandwiched between two thin sheets of aluminum) for mine .This material is used for signage and is incredibly hardy, I managed to get a sample from a sign that was up for 2 years in the wind rain snow and sunshine that was knocked down by a falling tree, a wipe with a damp rag and it come up to it's original high gloss, but also need to justify the cost as it is just under $100 for a 1200mm X 2400mm sheet.
Looking forward to seeing some more of your build.
:D
For detailed up to date build information go to:
http://slidecamper.com

Ronald53

Postby Ronald53 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi there,

I also am very interested how this camper came out when it was finished. So yes please give us some photos of the finished project! :)

Return to “Glen-L RV's”