Importer vs Importer LB

To allow builders of Glen-L RV's to communicate and discuss their projects

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Fisher4269

Importer vs Importer LB

Post by Fisher4269 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Hello,

I am new to this site and have asked Glen-L about a couple of questions. I will need to have the Importer Model for my S-10. My question is about the Importer vs Importer LB. I asked Glen - l, specifically, on the "C" measurement which is the Outside Wheel Well measurement specifically. It is the minimum tailgate opening clear width. Ms. Gayle Brantuk (very nice lady by the way!), said "The "C" measurement is critical because the tailgate opening needs to be a minimum of 55" in order for the unit to fit. So, if you want the long bed version, you will need to alter it to fit your truck."

I guess I am confused as the key item, to me, is the minimum width between wheel well housings. The Importer LB measurement is 55", the Importer measurement is 42", and my S-10 tail gate opening is 52". Can anyone explain this better to me? I would really prefer to get the LB version as its longer but if its too difficult to modify it, I'll just the regular model. Whatever I do, I'm going to have to add 2 inches to the height to compensate for my height.

Thanks!

TomB

Re: Importer vs Importer LB

Post by TomB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 am

Welcome,

The campers are designed to slide in on the truck bed. The Importer 42" dinette foot space (plus framing) will fit between the wheels on your S-10. The 48" foot space on the LB would be too wide.

Tom

Return to “Glen-L RV's”