New guy with a vintage truck camper.

To allow builders of Glen-L RV's to communicate and discuss their projects

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Mat

New guy with a vintage truck camper.

Postby Mat » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello,

My name is Mat, I am from Qualicum Beach, British Columbia and I am new to this site. I have an interest in vintage trucks and campers, I have a 1968 International Travelette Campermobile (Camper Special), two 1974 International Camper Specials and I just picked up this vintage camper a couple weeks ago. I posted pictures of the camper on another site asking for help identifying the manufacturer because there are no decals or data tags anywhere on it, everyone seemed to agree it is a home made camper using on of Glen-L Camper Designs with a modified layout.

A local guy bought this camper from the original owners wife in December 2012, it was a complete unit that included a 1967 Ford F250 Camper Special that was purchased new at Fogg Motors, New Westminster, B.C.. The camper was apparently put on the truck in 1967 and never removed until recently. The original owner used it a few times a year for fishing trips, the truck has 75000 original miles on it. The guy just wanted the truck so he sold me the camper.

The camper has some nice features. The closet doors open up and provide privacy for changing clothes or using the porta-potti that has a swing down seat/platform in the closet on the left. The ends of the seating area pull out to form a wide bed. The ceiling vent has an electric fan. 3 burner stove with an oven that appears to have never been used. Propane fridge, heater and an electric water pump. There is also a lot of storage space. Robertson Head Screws are used throughout and the cabinet hinges/latches are more of a fancy type than basic. We are going to have new cushions and curtains made for it soon. The original cushions were a root beer color, we will try to match that the best we can.

Lowka53

Re: New guy with a vintage truck camper.

Postby Lowka53 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:28 pm

8) my guess is you have http://glen-l.com/campers/everglade.html looks like a nice layout
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Mat

Re: New guy with a vintage truck camper.

Postby Mat » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I agree, the builder just shortened it from 11ft to 10ft and designed his own floor plan.
Mat

Return to “Glen-L RV's”