Side box question

To allow builders of Glen-L RV's to communicate and discuss their projects

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

thefirstone

Side box question

Postby thefirstone » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:13 pm

I have a question about the side boxes. I am not sure how the 1" notch comes in to play. I made the front wall the same width and the floor box not the floor box + the side boxes. I might have made a mistake there but still the way the picture is it would seem that the floor side box would extend 1" past the front wall. I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Thanks
Tim

lynnburcher

Postby lynnburcher » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:46 am

firestone,

Sadly, this forum doesn't get much activity from folks building campers.

And the only way I can try to help would be to suggest that you see if you can contact one of the folks listed in the project registry directly:

http://www.glen-l.com/campers/rvprojectreg.html

It might also help to list the model that you are building, just in case there is someone here familiar with the plans.

Then, revitalize this forum with a 'build thread' showing your progress!

Good luck, and have fun with it!

Monte48

Postby Monte48 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:06 pm

firstone,

I may be able to help as i am building the Acapulco, the box sides should stick Approx. 1" past floor. Then when you install the front wall it will sit between the left and right box sides but against the floor. I hope this helps.

thefirstone

RE

Postby thefirstone » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 am

Thanks for the inputs. As I looked at the instructions I built the floor and floor side walls exactly 11' and the front wall 48" wide. This means that I will not have that inch overlay. I have visualizes a fix for this and it should not effect the structural integrity. I will move the 1*2 front blocking member 1" inward on the floor side box, which means that I will have the outer 3/8 plywood but- up flat against the front wall member. This means that I will have to make a 1" notch on the top part of the floor sidewall. I hope I explained this well.

Thank you
Tim

rvbilly

Postby rvbilly » Thu May 29, 2008 12:32 am

My homebuilt Chevy s10 pickup camper I`m building , this is how I did the front wall , its stronger than all hell , Bill

Return to “Glen-L RV's”