Pee Wee in Maine

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

Mark-NJ

Re: Pee Wee in Maine

Postby Mark-NJ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Do you ever go to work? Sleep? Eat?

Seems to me you're boatbuilding 24/7......and I like it!

Postby 283 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:56 am

Mark-NJ wrote:Do you ever go to work? Sleep? Eat?

Seems to me you're boatbuilding 24/7......and I like it!

Just trying to get a little done each night and a few hours each weekend...had a few snow days home too which helps. And that we gave up tv :wink:
Mike

Postby 283 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 am

Well I think Mark jinxed me as progress has slowed to a crawl :roll:

Part of it was I couldn’t decide how to finish the top deck/cockpit edges. Of course having to wait two days to sand every time I mixed epoxy doesn’t help...Didn’t want any plywood edges showing. Thought about doing a crash pad but didn’t know if I could have done it small enough to match the diminutive size of the pee wee. If that make sense :lol:. Thought about doing a raised board or something but didn’t like that.

Finally settled on treating it the same as the outside edges. But couldn’t just use a router with an edge guide on the inside corners and maintain an even reveal... thought about making a template. But decided that with the ‘refined lumber yard’ level of finish I’m going for it was appropriate to get as close as I could with edge guide and free hand/carve the corners.

Used thickened epoxy to fill between the top deck and dash to have a smooth transition
So much for the stain on the dash
The paint I’m using. What I had..but one of the best/toughest easiest to use paints available. IMHO (Single part anyways) We will see if it holds up on a boat
One coat (still wet)
Mike

PeterG

Postby PeterG » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Looks great, still moving along at a good pace, you hit that part of the project that slows everyone down a bit with detail work and figuring out the next step.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Griffin's Law: Murphy was an optimist.

Return to “Small outboards”