Flying Saucer "Mustang Sally"

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

Timmy

Flying Saucer "Mustang Sally"

Post by Timmy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 pm

I am building a Flying Saucer named "Mustang Sally". I received my plans and looked through them for the last 2 days. Knowing that all the material provided would need to be close by I decided to build myself a "study" desk out of an old closet door and some scrap lumber I had in the basement. I can just lift the plan board off if need be. I am building the boat in my walkout basement. I have a feeling there will be a lot of time studying the plans at this desk as well as many cups of coffee & head scratching as well. I used a bit of painters tape at the corners of the plans to keep things tight and strengthened under the thumb tacks. I did also buy the Boatbuilding With Plywood book. My boat will have a 1965 Mustang vibe, original Stang steering wheel & some special subtle touches here & there.

I am building this boat in remembrance of one of the finest ladies I ever had the honor and privilege to know and love. She passed away in 2016. I do hope building "Mustang Sally" will help me heal and that I make Katt proud. I have attached some pics for you all .

Thanks Timmy aka Salty Girl
Attachments
MS1.jpg
MS3.jpg
MS4.jpg

LSaupe

Re: Flying Saucer "Mustang Sally"

Post by LSaupe » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 am

Best of luck with the build Timmy. Glad to see some great inspiration behind your build. Looking forward to seeing your progress here!

BayouBengal

Re: Flying Saucer "Mustang Sally"

Post by BayouBengal » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:06 am

Interesting concept you have there of "mustanging" out this design. Excited to see what you come out with.

Return to “Small outboards”