Ian's TNT Build

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

Forge

Re: Ian's TNT Build

Post by Forge »

hoodman wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:39 pm
Nice job! I'm sure motor noises have happened by now?
:lol: oooooh yyeeeeeaaaahhhh 8) :!:
I can see it and hear it cruising through the water all the time while working on it...
Can't wait for it to be real!
Aerospace Engineer, Pilot, Sailor, Tinkerer and Surf Bum

denbrlr

Post by denbrlr »

Your build is looking good. I used a Teleflex no feedback system on my TNT (built back in 2010/2011 - see the "Another TNT build" thread). The boat has a 25 HP motor. I know a no feedback system isn't really required for small motors but I like it.

A comment about your dash height. Remember that you will have some seats in there which will raise you up and give less room for your legs. The bottom of my dash is a little above the bottom of the coamings and there is enough room for me at 5' 9" but there isn't really enough for my son at 6'. Something to think about.

Lee

Forge

Post by Forge »

denbrlr wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:18 pm
A comment about your dash height. Remember that you will have some seats in there which will raise you up and give less room for your legs. The bottom of my dash is a little above the bottom of the coamings and there is enough room for me at 5' 9" but there isn't really enough for my son at 6'. Something to think about.

Lee
Hi Lee, thanks for the feedback, I am 6'6" so this is very relevant. I have attached an updated picture of the dash showing the contour on the bottom edge. I had not yet made the cutouts on the bottom edge in my previous post. It is definitely a tight legroom situation under the dash so the notches give me a nice pocket for my right leg. I made sure to get a wide piece of mahogany so I could cut out some legroom on either side of the steering wheel.
Also, because I put my gas tank up front I had to cut out the left side enough to allow the tank to be pulled out from under the dash to be refilled.
Attachments
New dash profile, wheel held for mockup
New dash profile, wheel held for mockup

TAB

Post by TAB »

hoodman wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:39 pm
Nice job! I'm sure motor noises have happened by now?
The only question is....

Did he make 2 cycle motor noises or 4 cycle motor noises

Forge

Post by Forge »

TAB wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:56 pm
The only question is....
Did he make 2 cycle motor noises or 4 cycle motor noises
I made this motor noises!
My suzuki!
My suzuki!

Forge

Post by Forge »

Sooooo this happened today :o
Time to hook up all the controls so I can take it all apart again and finish this boat!
Motor dry fit! Vrooomm vrooooom
Motor dry fit! Vrooomm vrooooom

Return to “Small outboards”