Pee Wee Build ( Melbourne )

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

hzchevy

Pee Wee Build ( Melbourne )

Postby hzchevy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:09 am

Gday everyone. So here we go, my plans arrived last week and ive been scanning over them getting to know what goes where. Over the weekend I set about and got started. Im an absolute novice so please take it easy on me :)

Cheers
Attachments
PEEWEE PROJECT 010.jpg
Started frame 1
PEEWEE PROJECT 006.jpg
Cut out frame 2
PEEWEE PROJECT 005.jpg
Plans and first pieces cut.
Last edited by hzchevy on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveLott

Re: Pee Wee Build

Postby DaveLott » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:20 am

We are all novices until we build something so don't worry about a thing. Looks like you are coming along nicely. Keep the pics coming. Glad to have you in the fraternity (that includes the sisters)

My goodness, at the rate our down-under brothers are growing we will soon be overtaken here in the states. :lol:
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Rational Root

Postby Rational Root » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 am

and so it begins,

I remember posting similar pictures about 3 years ago. 8-)

Note the date
http://davesboat.blogspot.com/2008/02/j ... lines.html
Hey! I built a boat ! No Really, I did !
http://davesboat.blogspot.com/

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:27 am

That's some nice UTE there!

Iggy

Postby Iggy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:06 am

Whenever someone posts thier first picture(s).. we remember back to that first time we did the same thing.

Its an exciting step.. something you will also look back at in the future once you are elbow-deep in sanding or painting or working on your 2nd or 3rd or 4th boat.

Looks like you are off to a good start.
Ian (aka Iggy)
My Malahini Build

hzchevy

Postby hzchevy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:28 am

Slowly but surely my little Pee Wee is coming along. Havent found to much challenging yet apart from material sizes over here are somewhat different.
Attachments
PEEWEE PROJECT 023.jpg
PEEWEE PROJECT 021.jpg

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:47 am

That dang PeeWeeee is come'n along really good! Are ya gunna pull it with that blue UTE in you profile pick???

hzchevy

Postby hzchevy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 am

Your very Intrigued with my blue Holden Vu SS ute hehe. It sure will be used to tow my pee wee. I may even paint it in the same colour. The ute runs the almighty 5.7L gen3 Chev. Great motor just prowls along. Hopefully my pee wee will too.
Attachments
towbar 013.jpg

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 am

I figured it was a hot rod :wink: I've been working over here, back and forth, for the past 3 1/2 years and I was intrigued the first day I heard one come through Freo. Not sure if you've been ta Freo, WA but the streets are small with buildings going straight up and it seems ta hold the roar of that cheby V8... MUCH TOO NICE!!!!!

See, I had the grampa ta dem utes when I was grow'n up. '72 elcamino and all my buddies called it the el-cam! hehehe, It literally rocked side to side at the red light. :D It had a lil sum'n sum'n under da hood. lol

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:19 am

psychobilly wrote:I figured it was a hot rod :wink: I've been working over here, back and forth, for the past 3 1/2 years and I was intrigued the first day I heard one come through Freo. Not sure if you've been ta Freo, WA but the streets are small with buildings going straight up and it seems ta hold the roar of that cheby V8... MUCH TOO NICE!!!!!

See, I had the grampa ta dem utes when I was grow'n up. '72 elcamino and all my buddies called it the el-cam! hehehe, It literally rocked side to side at the red light. :D It had a lil sum'n sum'n under da hood. lol

Actually the utes were out way before the El Camino was ever conceived....I remember seeing models back from the 1930's

I was hoping that they would import those after they imported the Holden badged as the GTO,but so far no luck.

I like the four door SS version too....kinda like an Impala SS with a small P/U bed

hzchevy

Postby hzchevy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 am

Just a quick update. Things have really slowed down here but are still coming alone nicely. Ive had a few power tool failures which havent helped the cause. Anyway this is where Im at.
Attachments
PEEWEE PROJECT 031.jpg
PEEWEE PROJECT 030.jpg

hzchevy

Postby hzchevy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:35 am

Gday everyone. After a flying start with my build things suddenly slowed down. I hadnt touched the project for nearly 12 months due to other commitments but finally Ive found time to restart. Here are a few recent updates. Finding the right timber and even marine ply has been a task and a half.
Attachments
null 021.jpg
null 004.jpg

hzchevy

Postby hzchevy » Mon May 14, 2012 3:49 am

Its been a testing couple of weeks but slowly its all coming together. Heres a few updates
Attachments
IMG_7343.jpg
IMG_7332.jpg
IMG_7327.jpg

jamundsen

Postby jamundsen » Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 am

thats looking great. I need to build one of those for my grandson. Thanks for the updates.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

chubs

Postby chubs » Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Very exciting to see progress - looks great! Was it difficult to bend the plywood around the tight curves of such a small boat?

Return to “Small outboards”