Squirt hatch with Mini boot hinges

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

RoyH

Squirt hatch with Mini boot hinges

Post by RoyH » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:12 am

On my squirt build I have bought the Mini(car) boot hinges, as I see many Squirt builders use them. Can anyone please share some pictures or information about how to install them. How far out from the centerline shold they be mounted etc to get the right hinge-line. How did you solve the problems with bolts and so on. Pictures, pictures, pictures.... 8)

I would also like some information about how to make stainless trimming around the hatch.
I'm just a starteled bunny in the headlights of life..

rjlemay sherman ct

Re: Squirt hatch with Mini boot hinges

Post by rjlemay sherman ct » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Roy, Here's the only picture that I have of the rear hatch doors on my Squirt. I used 2" stainless, butt style hinges. They are mounted to a "carrier" piece of wood, that lets them be retracted down, into the boat. Hope this helps.
Bob Lemay
Attachments
DSC00428.JPG

RoyH

Re: Squirt hatch with Mini boot hinges

Post by RoyH » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:00 am

Thanks Bob

You have another type of hinges than me. I have hinges from the Mini Cooper car. Same type as Graham and some other Squirt builders have used. They are to be mounted on top of the hatch. My hatch will have the hinges on the back of the hatch opening, not on the sides like you have.

But your boat looks very nice 8)
What is mounted on the lower port side of the transom? can't tell from the picture.
I'm just a starteled bunny in the headlights of life..

Return to “Small outboards”