Michael's ZIP

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

BarnacleMike

Re: Michael's ZIP

Post by BarnacleMike »

Okay... I'd never have imagined posting this, but here we go:

I have decided to abandon my Zip project. New relationship. New priorities. (Yes, those priorities DO involve more boatbuilding). I need the space. And, in short, this Zip is no longer as important to me as it once was. Is anyone interested in a head start on a Zip project? The current state, as-is, is all frames & transom are joined by keel, floor battens, and chines on both sides. No sheers are attached. It is still on the building form, and has undergone a considerable amount of fairing.

If no one is interested, I may re-purpose some of the wood and build a Squirt at some later point. (I still have my plans from 10 or so years ago).

The new first mate and I are considering building some type of cruiser.

Also, I am ready to sell the Utility.

So, if interested in any of this... please send me a PM.

— Michael
"How long does it take to build a boat? Until it's finished" — yours truly
Why did the boatbuilder get a divorce? Because he didn't have enough clamps to hold his marriage together!

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Someone will get a real head start and some fine workmanship. All the best on a new project..

Roberta :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Hey, Michael, I was just thinking about you and your zip project the other day. Glad you have not given up on the hobby. The cruiser sounds like a great idea. That's my plan for the next one.

All the best to you as you turn the page on a new chapter.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

BarnacleMike

Post by BarnacleMike »

Thanks y'all. I'm hoping to see you all in September. Hopefully, G14 won't coincide with a volleyball tournament this year. First Mate DeAnna is really excited at the idea of seeing all the boats. She and I were kickin' around at Hales Bar a couple of weekends ago. They moved the floating patio over to the restaurant. Last time I saw it, it was docked there at the store.
"How long does it take to build a boat? Until it's finished" — yours truly
Why did the boatbuilder get a divorce? Because he didn't have enough clamps to hold his marriage together!

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Michael,

I'm so glad to hear of your new "mate"! I've seen a bit about her on Facebook and you certainly look happy. I'll post a link to this on the Glen-L Facebook page too. I doubt you'll have trouble finding someone to take over. Many blessings to you and DeAnna...

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Hey Michael,

The Utility too!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: But its done! Just teasin' I'd be interested but then I'd need to find a new first mate myself or I'd at least have to sleep in it for quite some time. Good luck buddy!

Return to “Small outboards”