Width Of Squirt

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

Mick87

Width Of Squirt

Postby Mick87 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi guys

Im brand new to the forum and already I have found answers to many questions that have been floating round my head. This forum and peoples threads are highly resourcful and pact full of answers which are easy to find using the search option, its brilliant!

Theres just one question though I can't seem to find, unless I've over looked it by accident, then I apologise :D

Could someone, possibly a Squirt builder tell me the actual width of the widest point on the Squirt?

Im still waiting on my plans to come through the post and was just curious of the actual overall width

Again sorry if this has been answered, I am still searching the forums for an answer

Cheers!
M

mrintense

Re: Width Of Squirt

Postby mrintense » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:54 pm

Welcome Mick,

I do not own a Squirt of have the plans, but two things come to mind. First off, the boat will be 8 feet or less (legal width for trailering). Secondly, I believe that information is available in the Glen L catalog on the specifications page for that design. At least something that will be close. Good luck with the build.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Mick87

Postby Mick87 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:35 pm

hi mrintense

Doh, I thought I may have overlooked it. But thank you so much for the reply and pointing me in the right direction.

I think I've over excited my self as I've just been measuring my garage out of curiosity and realised it's just big enough to build a bigger boat in the future. Something like a barrelback.

But having found and booked marked some fantastic Squirt build blogs ill stick with this for the time being :lol:

jeff k

Postby jeff k » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:53 am

Mine measures 51 1/2" at the widest point at frame #1. This is with hull ply on, no rub rail yet. With the rails on it should finish out at 52 1/2" give or take an 1/8". It's a fun build. I'm doing mine in my basement ( I live in Wisconsin ) It's cold here. My son and I can flip it on it's side and carry it up and down the stairs.
This boat project is destroying my wallet, But it is enriching my soul.

Mick87

Postby Mick87 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:01 am

jeff k wrote:Mine measures 51 1/2" at the widest point at frame #1. This is with hull ply on, no rub rail yet. With the rails on it should finish out at 52 1/2" give or take an 1/8". It's a fun build. I'm doing mine in my basement ( I live in Wisconsin ) It's cold here. My son and I can flip it on it's side and carry it up and down the stairs.

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the measurements. It's always cold in England too! :lol: Although I was in Milwaukee back in February and it was pretty cold then, not to mention a bit of snow lol :lol:

Hercdrvr

Postby Hercdrvr » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Having built a Squirt and now working on a Malihini, build something bigger than a Squirt. To answer your question about width......not wide enough. Great little fun boat for my kids, but for the time and money I could have built a single cockpit flying saucer and had much more room. My 2 cents

Return to “Small outboards”