SQUIRT BLUEPRINT WITH TNT PAPERWORK

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

Fordf100

SQUIRT BLUEPRINT WITH TNT PAPERWORK

Postby Fordf100 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello , im new here so dont bash me if i posted in the wrong area. I ordered plans for the Squirt last week , they came today but i got to looking at everything and i didnt get the booklet on the squirt, instead i got one for the TNT. Its the book that tells what materials you need and how far apart to space the screws ect....
Ill call Glen L tomorrow and get it straightened out. Hopefully.
Anyway here is my question , is the Squirt plan or print only 1 page? The plan i recieved only has 2 frames on it. Is that correct or are there more than 2 of them?
Im a little lost at this point so any advise on how to get started would be apreciated.
Thanking you all in advance, and sorry if i posted in the wrong place.
Steve in Richwood Ohio

Ronb172

Re: SQUIRT BLUEPRINT WITH TNT PAPERWORK

Postby Ronb172 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Plans for the Squirt are on one page, with a short, I think 2 pages on building and a parts list. If you have any questions Glen L will be more than happy to help you out
Squirt almost ready to get wet
Building my third SUP.
Started the Topper build.

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:53 am

Most of the instruction books are used for more than one design due to similarity. As long as the templates and the drawings are designated for the Squirt, you should be fine. There are several builds of the Squirt detailed in the forum and in the photo archives that will help in you in construction as well as the people on the forum that will be happy to help out. You can give a call to Gayle, at Glen L. She can answer any other questions you might have. Good luck and Happy Building.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 am

You should have two large blueprint type pages. One page will have the frames on it to use for tracing them out onto wood, the other page will show how the frame is assembled with blocking and construction notes.

Fordf100

Postby Fordf100 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:37 pm

Well i called Glen L. They said absolutely not to use the guidebook i was given and mailed out the correct one today. Great customer service. Hats off to the folks at Glen L.

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:03 am

I guess you're all on to us now--this is all part of our scheme to get you to build more Glen-L boats! Seriously, we are truly sorry for the error on our part and appreciate all of your kind comments...

Fordf100

Postby Fordf100 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Thanks again Gayle . Its hard to find good customer service . You have been great to deal with . Im looking forward to getting this build started . It looks like there is a great community here from what I've seen so far . Im sure ill have lots of questions. Its nice to know there are like monded folks who are willing to help.

gap998

Postby gap998 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:53 pm

I haven't even started my build yet, but I've come to understand Glen-L's "holistic" approach to boat building - It's not the packaged, "Ikea" instruction approach we've come to expect; the plans on their own don't seem like enough information (and I'm a design engineer!), but put them together with the Glen-L books, this forum, and the company's support, and you will not just get the plans, but a whole other understanding of boat building & design too.

Never be afraid to ask stupid questions (Oxymoron! :wink: ), either of the forum or Glen-L themselves - you WILL get it sorted... It may produce a few more questions en-route, but in the end, you will have your answer with authority.

Enjoy your build.

PS. All of the above is subject to you posting pictures! :wink:
Gary

Planning a whole fleet, but starting with a Zip...I think.

"Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, someone builds a better idiot!"

Ronb172

Postby Ronb172 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:32 pm

The Squirt was my first build and I made mistakes. But they can be fixed. I think the biggest mistake I made was not building the building fram high enough so I could get under her to clean up the epoxy that ran. I'm looking forward to my next and bigger build.
Squirt almost ready to get wet
Building my third SUP.
Started the Topper build.

Fordf100

Postby Fordf100 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Ive always been the kimd of person that uses directions as a rough guide but sorta came up with my own dimensions or drew up my own plans. I build pie safes, adirondak chairs ,ect... this is looking a little intimidating to me. I have the Glen L boat building with plywood book, my boat prints. We shall see how it goes. Wish me luck!
I ll post pics when i figure out how post them. I started the build in another post called ohio squirt build.
Thanks to you all

Fordf100

Postby Fordf100 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Ive always been the kimd of person that uses directions as a rough guide but sorta came up with my own dimensions or drew up my own plans. I build pie safes, adirondak chairs ,ect... this is looking a little intimidating to me. I have the Glen L boat building with plywood book, my boat prints. We shall see how it goes. Wish me luck!
I ll post pics when i figure out how post them. I started the build in another post called ohio squirt build.think i may have figured out posting pics.
Thanks to you all
Attachments
1465607803527-1724487761.jpg
Pie safe i built

gap998

Postby gap998 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Nice... I think you'll do just fine!

You may have already, but read through all the Squirt builds on the forum and you will really familiarise yourself with the design. Flying Saucer & Zip builds will help too. Check out Joshua Burks youtube Zip build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjS46Ur3sk or viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27058 on the forum.

I have other commitments at the moment that are delaying my build but I'm spending the time studying - I feel much more confident than when I started. I almost feel like I've built one already! :lol:
Gary

Planning a whole fleet, but starting with a Zip...I think.

"Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, someone builds a better idiot!"

Return to “Small outboards”