Thinking about building a Flying Saucer

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

Doug G

Thinking about building a Flying Saucer

Postby Doug G » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:06 am

Hi Everyone, My name is Doug Green and I own a TNT that I built a few years ago. Tossing around the idea of building a Flying Saucer or a Zip or a Mahlini or maybe???????? I am actually leaning toward the Flying Saucer because the 30hp Johnson I have on the TNT would be perfect for it. I can also use the trailer with a little modification. If I do this the TNT hull will go up for sale, I would probably sell it as a package deal if I thought there was much of a market for it. Just getting the itch to build another boat and would love a little more room in the cockpit.
Attached is a pic of my TNT, fun little boat!
Attachments
TNT.jpg
TNT.jpg (48.43 KiB) Viewed 1572 times

BillW

Re: Thinking about building a Flying Saucer

Postby BillW » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:16 pm

The TNT is very nice.

Don't make the mistake that I made... that is starting a new boat while you still have the previous boat.
So, now we have three boats. And I don't want to part with any of my babies.

Doug G

Postby Doug G » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:58 pm

With the limited space I have the TNT will have to go before I can build another. I am really looking forward to a new boat project.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:42 pm

I always liked your TNT. Really nice. I was hoping to catch a look at it during a Gathering but I've missed a couple of them.

That motor would do great on a Zip also and give you more room than the FS for basically the same amount of labor and expense.

Doug G

Postby Doug G » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 pm

I have not made it to a gathering yet. I really need to but I always have a lot going on in September. I was actually looking at the Zip first and I actually like it better. I just thought the engine I have would do better on the FS. I need to do a little more research before making my final decision.

Return to “Small outboards”