Power-Row Skiff 13 1/2

Outboard designs up to 14'

Moderator: ttownshaw

DaveLott

Re: Power-Row Skiff 13 1/2

Post by DaveLott »

Oyster wrote:I bet if you ask the forum guys and girls nicely, you can aquire your materials quicker and get back to work. :lol:

but I bet the color won't be so uniform
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

I'm willing to help, but only if he is building a glass bottom boat. :wink: :lol:
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Grand Chillin wrote:I'm willing to help, but only if he is building a glass bottom boat. :wink: :lol:
Well Pirates are known for going on the rocks. Of course second thought that may end up to be a real problem. :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

well,got some work done this w/e.
got the notches cut(except for some in the transom side for shears and risers....tomorrow)
got the stem pre-beveled,the breasthook pre-beveled,the stem,breasthook laminated and assembled.
The keel and one of the battens sanded.

The building form redone....was a little too long....oops for got to trim!! :wink:

station forms mounted on form

Camera quit,Damn cheap thing won't stand up to being dropped! :wink: but did get these pics before it was inoperable:
Attachments
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Just when I was about to fire a shot across your bow to wake you up, you go and post progress for us. :D Looks like you will be done in a day or two. :wink: :lol: I have been meaning to ask you. Are you building the standard or wide bottom?

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Look at the beer belly....had to build the wide beam!!! :shock: :wink: :lol: 8)

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Keep sweating like that and you will have drink a lot more beer to keep the belly!
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Dropped the camera...Yea, excuse number two used up! No tools, no sweat, no pencil behind his ear, no extention cord, no, no, no, I think he has just gotten in from a boat trip and moving his mess around the garage so that he can store his stuff being unloaded, if you ask me of course. :P

I think the count is 89 days folks till the meet.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Warren

Crap :!: You know what we expect :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Bill Edmundson wrote:Warren

Bill
Its becoming apparent that this is a thread we must and can hyjack earlier than later to get any entertainment value here! Dave, while your build and thread did see some occasional curves by some of the riftraft around this joint, you should count your ever loving blessings that we held off until you finished your boat to do the same and that was fairly mild to what fear will take place here. Afterall we get all night five days a week and thats also when chillin has the most time and also does his best work. :lol: :lol:

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

I am rubbing my hands in anticipation.
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Oyster wrote:
Bill Edmundson wrote:Warren

Bill
Its becoming apparent that this is a thread we must and can hyjack earlier than later to get any entertainment value here! Dave, while your build and thread did see some occasional curves by some of the riftraft around this joint, you should count your ever loving blessings that we held off until you finished your boat to do the same and that was fairly mild to what fear will take place here. Afterall we get all night five days a week and thats also when chillin has the most time and also does his best work. :lol: :lol:
Oyster,
Remember who we are dealing with here. This is the same guy that did a mock up of a boat in his living room. Complete with an outboard motor. (man, I wish I could find the picture) He sits down in the middle of it and while holding the steering wheel in mid air he starts to make engine noises. And the best part, he is wearing a PFD. :wink: :lol:
Now fast forward to his current project and power tools. :shock: I think this picture says it all.

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Hum, now lets let any third party decide what work looks like

or
I bet he is wearing Old Spice in this shot, don'tchu, fresh from his afternoon tea? :lol:

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Pics chillin was referring to:
Attachments
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1808.JPG

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Thats still a laugh a day. :lol: I don't ever recall attempting to launch any boats in the living room though. But then again I see that you are indeed smarter than most folks by not attempting to launch a boat and using it with no bottom in the water. :lol:

Return to “Small outboards”