Moderator: ttownshaw

upspirate

Re: Power-Row Skiff 13 1/2

Post by upspirate »

Thanks, if ya notice, I didn't try to go around the bow!! :wink:

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Lets come down to earth for a minute. :wink: Sorry, while I understand that folks like to be extreme in their methods and finish work sometimes, if a person needs to protect the pointed end of their boats, a metal railing will not save the worse damage that is about to be inflicted on the bigger parts of your boat. If the metal is not truely bent properly, which also could crimp it too if not done right, you also stand the potential for water to gather and work its way into the better parts of your boat too overtime. Some learn the hardways you know. :( Pliable bedding compounds work just fine as long as the metal stays put too.

Always install proper wood to act as a rail even without any added metals or even rubber which can be fixed. The pointed end can even have simular standoffs too with cutting and fitting larger pieces and then when the glue dries just shape to suit. Add those pieces to cap the side rails after the fact.

Also add enough thickness that when all else fails and you seriously damage the rails you can also splice in yet another piece scarfing it in place with ease. Few people will notice. We are our worse critics folks.

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Went to DMV today and got the title applied for and the registration.

Walked out when they told us it needed to be inspected by Fish & Game even after I pointed out on their forms that it didn't because it was under 16'. :? :(

She called us back in as we were getting into the car and said she made a mistake. :D

$37 and 1/2 hour later we are legal!!! :D

Well sort of,as soon as I put the FL numbers on :wink: :D

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Yippee. Thats always a welcome relief. Now you can take Deb out to catch you a fresh dinner this weekend.

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Well,we can take it out in better trial conditions and get used to it slowly!!! :wink: :roll: 8)

Return to “Small outboards”