Let's all discuss the tools here
Moderators: BruceDow, billy c
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 am
I also have a question about electric hand planners. Has anyone used them for fairing chines and sheers or are they to agressive?
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:53 pm
- Location: Erie, PA
i used mine for fairing my chines. I found as long as i took it slow it worked great. be carefull
Built the 17' Glen-L "Sea Knight"
yet to come...11' Glen-L "Utility"
- Posts: 1358
- Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 12:18 pm
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
To get them close, used them, been there, done that. Have at it.
- Posts: 391
- Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:11 pm
yes I faired chines sheers and stem with a cordless planner. if you are using screws where you can, put them in after fairing like darthplywood said take it steady..
Old Aussie Peter...