What is the length of a Series 3800 Trailer

Boat trailers and trailering

Moderator: ttownshaw

BRP27

What is the length of a Series 3800 Trailer

Postby BRP27 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:23 am

The Series 3800 trailer is what is recommended for a Monaco build. But before I commit to a 3800 I need to make sure it will go in the garage. So that is the reason for the question. The garage is 12ft wide 28ft 2inches long. I searched the forum and could not find the length of the trailer.
Thanks Gary

Nova SS

Re: What is the length of a Series 3800 Trailer

Postby Nova SS » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:16 am

I'm not sure what the overall length is but I'm sure someone will be able to chime in with the information. I have one thought though. If its close to being too long I would think it would be easy to modify the tongue of the trailer so that it could fold up for storage purposes. I don’t see that being a difficult modification for anyone with the fabrication skills to build the trailer in the first place. Just my two cents.

gap998

Postby gap998 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:17 am

Oooh... good point; I didn't think about the trailer! Think i'll have to put a big cat flap in my garage door for the hitch if I stretch the Overniter. :lol:
Gary

Planning a whole fleet, but starting with a Zip...I think.

"Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, someone builds a better idiot!"

BRP27

Postby BRP27 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Problem solved
With the garage being 28.167ft and a Monaco being no longer than 21.2ft with the 10% extension , that leaves almost 7 ft for a trailer tongue and overhang on the stern. Most trailer tongues are 4-5ft, so it will fit with no problem as long as I watch overall boat and trailer rig overall length. The width is not an issue since the beam on a Monaco is only 6ft 7in and the garage is 12ft at the door.

I had a boat in the past that required the garage door to be left open, it was dumb to have boat bigger than the garage. That's why I built this garage wider and longer.

Thanks for the Tongue folding option and the Cat door option
Gary

Return to “Trailers and trailering”